having alot of errors in my administrative events and pc freezes every now and then with a weird noise inside my pc right before he freezes

Glenn2409

I don't know what to do anymore... tried browsing the internet for solutions, tried everything checked my disk drives nothings wrong checked my RAM said nothing was wrong, updated GPU drivers only thing I havent tried yet is clean install windows 10 again, my pc is only 6 months old ....
hope someone in here can help me :s

These are the ones I get when I restart my pc, would a clean install help any of these issues ?
1566196361734.png

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The Kernel PnP event 225 errors are elated to a plug-and-play device that's either failing or has a bad or wrong driver. Unplug all external devices and see whether this error stops. If it does, plug devices in one at a time until you find that one that's causing this. They are only warnings though, so you could ignore them safely.

The second is a distributed COM error. COM and DCOM are communication vehicles used within Windows. Sometimes these 'errors' can be ignored, they're kind of by design, but equally they could be related to the same driver issue in the Kernel PnP events above (though the timings don't match).

I don't think they are necessarily related to the freezes of which you speak, though freezes and crashes are most often caused by wrong, bad, or missing drivers.

Where does the noise come from? Is is from the speakers or from inside the PC? Can you record it and post it here?

If it's 6 months old have you done the upgrade to Windows version 1903 recently? If you have, did you allow Windows Update to do that itself?

What else have you changed recently? New hardware (even external hardware)? New software or upgraded software?

A clean reinstall from bootable media (and NOT a Reset This PC from within Windows) allowing Windows Update to install all drivers would be an excellent way of checking whether this is a software error (as seems likely) or a hardware error. Often with problems like this a clean reinstall from bootable media is by far the fastest route to a reliable and stable operating system.

Glenn2409

it started like a week ago or something and I think it was right after a windows update that just started updating when I rebooted, the noise comes from inside the pc, and recording the noise is pretty hard cause I don't know when it's going to happen, it's pretty annoying tho since I'm gaming alot on my pc and it can freeze at any time for like 2/3 seconds, and at first my pc would just freeze but I could keep moving my cursor, and now even my cursor freezes and sometimes it seems like my GPU fails because of the freezes and my screen would go 'black' with green rectangles in it

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Was the update just a regular security update,or was it an upgrade to version 1903? Your update history will tell you...

Sent using Tapatalk

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I assume that's Dutch? Does 'onderdeleupdate naar Windows 10, versie 1803' mean an upgrade to version 1803? I.E. From an earlier version?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That looks to me like an upgrade-in place from a prior version of Windows 10 to version 1803 (which itself is way back-level). That could well be your problem, many users report problems when allowing Windows Update to upgrade Windows 10 to a new version.

I recommend that you do a clean reinstall of Windows using bootable media, whilst you're at it you should upgrade to the latest version (1903). Download and run the media creation tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, that will write the version 1903 installation files to a bootable USB stick (which must be at least 8GB). Boot that USB stick, choose a custom install, delete all four of the UEFI partitions so that all the space shows as unallocated, select that unallocated space and click Next. The installer will create all the required partitions and install Windows.

Once Windows is installed run the usual setup (region, language, userid etc.) and then run Windows Update repeatedly until no more updates are found. This will install all necessary drivers (or at least it should). Reboot whenever you are asked to.

That will give you the most stable and reliable Windows platform so see how it behaves then. :)

Glenn2409

That looks to me like an upgrade-in place from a prior version of Windows 10 to version 1803 (which itself is way back-level). That could well be your problem, many users report problems when allowing Windows Update to upgrade Windows 10 to a new version.

I recommend that you do a clean reinstall of Windows using bootable media, whilst you're at it you should upgrade to the latest version (1903). Download and run the media creation tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, that will write the version 1903 installation files to a bootable USB stick (which must be at least 8GB). Boot that USB stick, choose a custom install, delete all four of the UEFI partitions so that all the space shows as unallocated, select that unallocated space and click Next. The installer will create all the required partitions and install Windows.

Once Windows is installed run the usual setup (region, language, userid etc.) and then run Windows Update repeatedly until no more updates are found. This will install all necessary drivers (or at least it should). Reboot whenever you are asked to.

That will give you the most stable and reliable Windows platform so see how it behaves then. :)
I don't have a windows 10 key/CD can I just use my 8.1 CD and update with the creation tool to 1903 ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't have a windows 10 key/CD can I just use my 8.1 CD and update with the creation tool to 1903 ?
The key is stored in BIOS so you just install latest windows 10 and select continue without registering and it will automatically testosterone’s when you’re next online.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The key is stored in BIOS so you just install latest windows 10 and select continue without registering and it will automatically testosterone’s when you’re next online.
Ummm....I'm going to put that down to predictive text, unless there's something you want to tell us? :D

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As above, assuming you have had an activated copy of Windows 10 (any version) installed at some point then the Microsoft Activation Servers will already have your hardware id stored as a valid Windows 10 license holder. Whenever you install any new version of Windows 10 it will activate automatically because the Activation Servers already know your PC is licensed.

Glenn2409

Think it's 'solved' now with the clean install, although he still makes the noise sometimes I don't know what it could be, but the freezes seems to be gone, thanks for all the help :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Think it's 'solved' now with the clean install, although he still makes the noise sometimes I don't know what it could be, but the freezes seems to be gone, thanks for all the help :)
It might be fan noise. Does it get worse when the PC is working hard (and getting hot)? It might be worth opening it up and cleaning the dust off the fan blades and anywhere else you can see it. If you let the dust build up unevenly on the fan blades it will unbalance the fan and will eventually lead to bearing wear. The noise might be a worn fan bearing too.

Glad the reinstall sorted your issues. Whenever anyone has issues after allowing Windows Update to upgrade to a new version it's always worth doing a clean install using the latest downloaded version. I never do an upgrade-in-place, I always clean install every new version of Windows.