HBO's ROME (No Spoilers)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Anyone seen this? Working my way through season one. I've got an interest in the Roman era so it really floats my boat.

Please don't post spoilers... cause I may have to give you a temporary ban lol. Just till i've watched both series though, haha

So yeah, anyone seen it?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Will watch the 2nd season but won't post spoilers on the forum, just on steam as usual :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
You know Rome was a pretty peaceful place all told?

It is just the bloody battles and all that jazz that we hear about, but that was also usually away from Rome itself (like say, here :D ).

Think me parents watched it, so can't be that much gratuitous sex and violence :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Think me parents watched it, so can't be that much gratuitous sex and violence :)

Quite a lot of sex, but its relatively clean and nowhere near as gratuitous as Spartacus though. Violence not so much, yet the story and the characters are fantastic.

Spuff

Expert
I watched it went it originally went out on the BBC.
I very much enjoyed it.
It seemed to recreate very closely what is known about the ancient Roman material world, and although actions were heightened for the needs of drama the Roman ways of behaving as far as is known, I think, were accurately depicted.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I watched it went it originally went out on the BBC.
I very much enjoyed it.
It seemed to recreate very closely what is known about the ancient Roman material world, and although actions were heightened for the needs of drama the Roman ways of behaving as far as is known, I think, were accurately depicted.

I have to agree with your comment. I have just finished season one and i did really enjoy it. (not as much fighting as i wanted though) Season 2 seems good so far. Why they have only done two seasons is beyond me, they could have easily kept going through most of the Roman era.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I have to agree with your comment. I have just finished season one and i did really enjoy it. (not as much fighting as i wanted though) Season 2 seems good so far. Why they have only done two seasons is beyond me, they could have easily kept going through most of the Roman era.

That's a lot of series! :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
That's a lot of series! :D

Yeah but that's the thing with these tv series.... they have a great two seasons, then just stop. On the other hand, Heroes had a fantastic 1st series then was a complete flop. Game of thrones had two great series, then killed everyone in the third... haha

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I have to admit season two is totally amazeballs. I need to go to bed but cant pull myself away. haha

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
tom, can you please put a temp ban on yourself?

You know why, and you should be totes ashamed of yourself!

:)