Hdd sata II

snipes

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all, got my new rig yesterday and may be having a similar problem to Yamibone a few threads down.

Firstly I have the same 6gb/s hdd (wd1002faex) but it was connected into a 3gb/s blue port with the cable without a split (if that makes sense lol) and it was being detected in bios but not the loading screen, so i swapped the cable for the split one and put it into the grey 6gb/s port.

so...it now says on the loading screen the name of my hdd and the speed at SATA II. Is this correct or is SATA II still 3gb/s??

I've got a P6X58D Premium mobo btw

Many thanks guys

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Does it not state 3.0GB/s or 6.0GB's? Can you send us a screenshot please?

snipes

Bronze Level Poster
Hi PCS

img1880w.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks

Meds

Hi snipes,

I will arrange for a new pack of SATA III cables to be sent when I'm back in work tomorrow, just to ensure we have the correct cables. Hopefully this will get it up and running asap.

snipes

Bronze Level Poster
Ok thanks but the 2 cables supplied in the welcome pack both say 6gb/s on them and ive tried both

snipes

Bronze Level Poster
So... ive been away for over a week but back now so what do u think I should do? Follow the suggestions in Yamibones thread?

LDUK

Master Poster
I don't get it? What difference would it make between 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s when there isn't a HDD or SDD in the world that has a transfer rate of even 1.5Gb/s?

snipes

Bronze Level Poster
lol me too, think ill give customer services a try. Need to start transfering all my stuff from my old pc but cant do it until this is sorted i guess.
Any mods wanna fire a few suggestions??

Last edited:

steveuk87

Super Star
doesnt seem to be very active tonight i'm afraid, but i dont think there is all too much differance tbh.. maybe just reliability?

Steve

snipes

Bronze Level Poster
Thanx 4 the reply Steve. Not really tech wise enough to know the exact differences but I would like to get it recognized as 6gb/s before i start transfering all my bits over just in case it is faulty:)

Meds

Snipes,

At this stage I would strongly recommend calling Tech Support (0844 499 4000). The problem which you have is proving difficult to resolve via the forums, so it would be best to go direct to the tech guys for a quicker more detail response.

snipes

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all

Got me new HDD in the post today and will install windows next bit of spare time I get but I was just wondering if there are any particular bios settings I need to change from default or will it be fine as it is?

Thanks

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
I have almost the same issue mate. Got a replacement HDD today, did a clean install and it still shows as Sata III not VI. Although your issue is a bit different in that it shows as Sata II instead, weird!

My issue is the same as Yamibone.

The more I look online, the more I think that it isn't the Sata 6 drivers, looks to be either a bios update needed (which I've got I think...) or from what some have said, possibly an update needed for the HDD itself...