Headphone volume

agoodall

Hi,

Recently got new PC from here, I have speakers (creative T40) and headphones (Razer Lite) with built in microphone. Motherboard is Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO Wi-Fi AC

So on the front of the PC is a headphone and mic socket. If my speakers are plugged into the line out at the rear and I try to use the front sockets for headphone/mic the volume is limited (100% on the PC), there is no way to control headphone volume on the headphones, just on the PC. I can't get the volume loud enough.

The solution I've found is to plug the headphone with mic plugs into the rear, they go to an adaptor with a single socket in, which I can swap between the headphones and speakers.

Ideally I want as few cables on the desk as possible - it's annoying to have the adaptor on the desk.

Anyone know any way of getting the volume up on the headphones? All drivers are up to date, I also have Razer 7.1 software but that doesn't make any difference.

Do I need different drivers? Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

Recently got new PC from here, I have speakers (creative T40) and headphones (Razer Lite) with built in microphone. Motherboard is Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO Wi-Fi AC

So on the front of the PC is a headphone and mic socket. If my speakers are plugged into the line out at the rear and I try to use the front sockets for headphone/mic the volume is limited (100% on the PC), there is no way to control headphone volume on the headphones, just on the PC. I can't get the volume loud enough.

The solution I've found is to plug the headphone with mic plugs into the rear, they go to an adaptor with a single socket in, which I can swap between the headphones and speakers.

Ideally I want as few cables on the desk as possible - it's annoying to have the adaptor on the desk.

Anyone know any way of getting the volume up on the headphones? All drivers are up to date, I also have Razer 7.1 software but that doesn't make any difference.

Do I need different drivers? Thanks
You would need to use the splitter on any PC as they have separate mic and audio lines, they don’t do 4 pin combo ports like on mobiles.

You can just use both ports on the rear.

agoodall

Hi Spydertracks,

Thanks very much for the reply.

Sorry for not explaining properly. I know I need the splitter to use the headphone/mic.

I don't want to have to use the splitter to plug my speakers in. So I want to use the splitter at the front on the headphone/mic ports, so I can unplug when not using them, with the speakers always plugged in at the rear.

The issue is the headphone volume when plugged into the headphone port at the front is limited and is not loud enough.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Spydertracks,

Thanks very much for the reply.

Sorry for not explaining properly. I know I need the splitter to use the headphone/mic.

I don't want to have to use the splitter to plug my speakers in. So I want to use the splitter at the front on the headphone/mic ports, so I can unplug when not using them, with the speakers always plugged in at the rear.

The issue is the headphone volume when plugged into the headphone port at the front is limited and is not loud enough.
Oh, sorry, I see what you mean.

They’re analogue headphones so don’t have a driver, they just use the motherboard audio.

I’m not sure why they would be limited off the front port, is there a volume rocker on the case itself?

agoodall

No sadly not, theyre the cheapest Razer. I'm not sure that would make a difference because they're limited on the PC itself.

agoodall

Solved it by installing realtek drivers from gigabytes website. Why don't PCSpecalist install all the drivers that should be installed with the hardware? Quite a large percentage wouldn't even know that would need to install them. I had to install my graphics card drivers myself too.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Solved it by installing realtek drivers from gigabytes website. Why don't PCSpecalist install all the drivers that should be installed with the hardware? Quite a large percentage wouldn't even know that would need to install them. I had to install my graphics card drivers myself too.
Did you order with windows or without?

agoodall

I guess it kind of was - the windows drivers were installed, everything worked. It's been a long time since I built my own, but motherboards used to come with a dvd which you installed all the manufacturers drivers from. Maybe windows is good enough for most people...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I guess it kind of was - the windows drivers were installed, everything worked. It's been a long time since I built my own, but motherboards used to come with a dvd which you installed all the manufacturers drivers from. Maybe windows is good enough for most people...
Have you run all windows updates? If not then the pc isn’t configured yet.