Headphones for Optimus?

mattdanielc

Silver Level Poster
Hi all,

I bought an Optimus back in February. I have noticed when I plug in my (apple) headphones to listen to music / games - it is much clearer.

Is that my imagination - Would I be wasting my money if I bought a decent gaming headset? (i.e. has my laptop got a rubbish speaker - but a headset will be better?)

Thanks!

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
It would be much clearer as laptop speakers are not very good even at the best of times, whereas the headphones come directly from the on-board audio so is only limited by the headphone quality. As long as it is a decent headset, then the sound quality will be very good, probably better than your Apple headphones. The question is whether you want something with a microphone built in (gaming headset) or you just want normal headphones.

No idea if it’s me/my hearing but I’ve found my gaming head set sounds much better in games than my ‘every day’ head phones. I have a set of Sony WH1000XM’s and I just couldn’t get them to sound right on things like CoD. Bought some Arctis 7’s (definitely a ‘worse’ pair of headphones technically speaking) and the gaming sound quality is much better. Go figure.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No idea if it’s me/my hearing but I’ve found my gaming head set sounds much better in games than my ‘every day’ head phones. I have a set of Sony WH1000XM’s and I just couldn’t get them to sound right on things like CoD. Bought some Arctis 7’s (definitely a ‘worse’ pair of headphones technically speaking) and the gaming sound quality is much better. Go figure.
Gaming headsets have on board soundcards so they’re far better for gaming than a standard stereo headset. You need placed sound, that’s what a gaming headset achieves.