Headset microphone quiet

qBlaz3

Hey, just received a new PC and my headset microphone which was working fine on my previous pc is now very quiet and the quality sounds worse. For people to even hear my voice I've had to boost to +20db. When I put the microphone right next to my mouth and practically into it picks up the input but is distorted and popping when i talk

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey, just received a new PC and my headset microphone which was working fine on my previous pc is now very quiet and the quality sounds worse. For people to even hear my voice I've had to boost to +20db. When I put the microphone right next to my mouth and practically into it picks up the input but is distorted and popping when i talk
What PC is it? Can you post your full specs?

qBlaz3

What PC is it? Can you post your full specs?

COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® TUF Z490-PLUS GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (1900 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingChange to: Corsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting50cm RGB LED Strip
Extra Case Fans1x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

qBlaz3

What headset is it?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And you’re using the PC cable and not phone? Is it a USB connector?