Headset recommendations

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok so in @KippleKat thread on the medium it was suggested that I get a headset, so i've started this post for recommendations rather than hijack her thread, so on that post the following were mentioned:

@SpyderTracks
For me, I’d always recommend the Steelseries Arctis 7, such good value and perform as well as headsets costing significantly more, also 24 hour battery life which is very good, and can be used wired if required. (@Nursemorph seconded these)

@Steveyg
I like the Corsair HS70 Pro's 7.1 personally, but the Steelseries stuff is generally very good as well

Sennheiser if you can afford them are second to none though

I've also had a look at these

Corsair VOID ELITE RGB Wireless Gaming Headset (7.1 Surround Sound, Low Latency 2.4 GHz Wireless, 40ft Wireless Range, Customisable RGB Lighting, Durable Aluminium with PC, PS4 Compatibility) - Black

So any other recommendations?

Cheers in advance

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Corsair VOID ELITE RGB Wireless Gaming Headset (7.1 Surround Sound, Low Latency 2.4 GHz Wireless, 40ft Wireless Range, Customisable RGB Lighting, Durable Aluminium with PC, PS4 Compatibility) - Black

Just a note mate these aren't the one's I was talking about, see below. The Voids are grand but I don't like the ear cup shape and just don't think they look as nice as the HS70 pros

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I got the Razer Nari Ultimate during an Amazon sale and they’ve been great for gaming because of their haptic feedback thingies. Having that feature switched on eats battery life but it’s fantastic for the sense of immersion it gives you.

The quality of sound for music isn’t amazing on them, if I’m listening to or making music I switch over to my AKG K712 Pro headphones.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got the Razer Nari Ultimate during an Amazon sale and they’ve been great for gaming because of their haptic feedback thingies. Having that feature switched on eats battery life but it’s fantastic for the sense of immersion it gives you.

The quality of sound for music isn’t amazing on them, if I’m listening to or making music I switch over to my AKG K712 Pro headphones.
Nice audio headphones! I love AKGs!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Nice audio headphones! I love AKGs!
I really like them, the sound quality is phenomenal. If I put reverb on when playing guitar it sounds/feels like I’m sat in empty cathedral! And they’re so comfy. I can only dream of what it’s like when you get into the realm of audio phones that cost literally thousands.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I really like them, the sound quality is phenomenal. If I put reverb on when playing guitar it sounds like I’m sat in empty cathedral! And they’re so comfy. I can only dream of what it’s like when you get into the realm of audio phones that cost literally thousands.
The size of the phones, they’re TRUE over ears, I wish more companies would take that on board.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The size of the phones, they’re TRUE over ears, I wish more companies would take that on board.
They’re open back so not one you’d wear on the streets, a small amount of sound does bleed both in and out. But that’s not a problem for me, they suit my uses to a tee. Except Mrs Cooper says I look like a berk with them on.

‘They are too big on your already giant head!’

‘It looks like a satellite is orbiting you’

Just a couple of the compliments I’ve had from her regarding the AKGs 😐

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
They’re open back so not one you’d wear on the streets, a small amount of sound does bleed both in and out. But that’s not a problem for me, they suit my uses to a tee. Except Mrs Cooper says I look like a berk with them on.

‘They are too big on your already giant head!’

‘It looks like a satellite is orbiting you’

Just a couple of the compliments I’ve had from her regarding the AKGs 😐
When you see some folk wearing headsets it makes you wonder if the Dr Who writers from the mid 60's knew something

new-cybermen.jpg

Last edited:

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
Can only recommend 2 I have used to Not get. You already mentioned the Sennheiser they have gone the way of overpriced easily breaks. I had the GSP 350 for £120 direct from them which broke after 2 months and the previous version which had same problems after about 6 months. First set to break ok your bad send me a replacement then 6 months later they didn't survive being sat on, which prompted me to try the 350's next time but same fault the leg down to the cup broke.
Second is a german brand Speedlink which I used to sing the praises of for a number of years back in 2007-2016. But over the years they slowly downgraded from a fully hardware 5.1 headset with the four 3.5 audio jacks plus a switching amplifier for headset and speaker setup with 4 speakers in each cup. Now they are generic Overpriced USB software 5.1/7.1 set

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Do you want a headset for just audio so you can use it for music playback on other devices etc? Or are you looking for one with a built in mic for online gaming where you voice chat? Personally I have one cheap headset for games where I voice chat, which is mostly shooters etc and for the really immersive games with fantastic soundtracks I have the expensive audio only headset.

The audio only ones I have are Bose Quiet Comfort. They are really the best for noise cancellation and have superb audio quality.

If you want to push the boat out a bit further on spend then I'd recommend the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 3

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Do you want a headset for just audio so you can use it for music playback on other devices etc? Or are you looking for one with a built in mic for online gaming where you voice chat? Personally I have one cheap headset for games where I voice chat, which is mostly shooters etc and for the really immersive games with fantastic soundtracks I have the expensive audio only headset.

The audio only ones I have are Bose Quiet Comfort. They are really the best for noise cancellation and have superb audio quality.

If you want to push the boat out a bit further on spend then I'd recommend the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 3
Looking for when gaming, so yeah a mic might have its uses