Headset volume really low, cannot turn volume up, help!!

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Starting with the obvious first. is this a new headset, or one that you have used elsewhere? If its new have you checked the inline volume control is working? Can you try it on another source, for example a TV?

what's the make and model of the headset? is it connected by USB?

Are you running from a soundcard or just the on board sound?

KaneMac

Enthusiast
Starting with the obvious first. is this a new headset, or one that you have used elsewhere? If its new have you checked the inline volume control is working? Can you try it on another source, for example a TV?

what's the make and model of the headset? is it connected by USB?

Are you running from a soundcard or just the on board sound?
Its a new headset, the roccat kav, i have a realteck. usb, and the grrn, pink, orange and blacks jacks

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
So it sounds like your running off the integrated audio.

Have you looked through the manual for a troubleshooting guide at the back?

Those headphones come with a desktop control thing, have you tried that as it might just be that the system is pumping out full volume but the controller is toning it down. Can you try it on a TV or something to see fi the sound is better?

KaneMac

Enthusiast
So it sounds like your running off the integrated audio.

Have you looked through the manual for a troubleshooting guide at the back?

Those headphones come with a desktop control thing, have you tried that as it might just be that the system is pumping out full volume but the controller is toning it down. Can you try it on a TV or something to see fi the sound is better?

seemed to have fixed it somehow lol, but my subwoofer effects have gone, how can i enable them again?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
What do you mean with regards the subwoofer effects? You can change the way sounds sound in the realtek control panel if thatsvwhat you mean. Where did you originally set the effects up?

KaneMac

Enthusiast
seemed to have fixed it somehow lol, but my subwoofer effects have gone, how can i enable them again?

Fixed itself somehow haha, but i have a horrid background noise on my headset. If i turn my mic up its too loud, and I turn it down but it means no one can hear me. Plus I will add +1 rep to all ur comments. Really appreciate the help u are giving me.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
No problem, try this to fix the mic issue

Open the realtek manager, click the microphone, then along the microphone volume slider click the button at the end that is labelled 'microphone boost' when you hover over it. Then make sure it is at 0dB

KaneMac

Enthusiast
No problem, try this to fix the mic issue

Open the realtek manager, click the microphone, then along the microphone volume slider click the button at the end that is labelled 'microphone boost' when you hover over it. Then make sure it is at 0dB

Cannot see the option. so intead go into devises, recording/microphone. If i turn the boost all the way down my mic will not make any sound to others.

KaneMac

Enthusiast

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
im not familiar with that version, go into the microphone through the control panel, should be a slider for microphone volume their somewhere. Perhaps on your desktop remote thing also?

It looks like the mic is set at too low a sensitivity, you just need to find a menu somewhere that allows you to increase that a bit without using the boost function.

KaneMac

Enthusiast
im not familiar with that version, go into the microphone through the control panel, should be a slider for microphone volume their somewhere. Perhaps on your desktop remote thing also?

It looks like the mic is set at too low a sensitivity, you just need to find a menu somewhere that allows you to increase that a bit without using the boost function.

When i disable the 5.1 and put to lower quality, the static is not as bad. Found a big issue, when playing a game such as red orchestra 2 i can hear people but they cannot hear me. I have used skypr and my mic works fine, but in games it seems not to work

KaneMac

Enthusiast
The static on my Roccat kave 5.1 is horrid. Had to turn the quality down to stereo in my realtek HD sound manager, which only helps a little. Another issue is that my voice is not very clear to other player, even when i use boost and a high transmit level. My pc does not recognise my headphones, but has speakers, but cannot find a way to change hat, real stuck!!

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Struggling to see that myself, the soundcard shouldn't have that much effect. If your able to get some sounds I am willing to bet you just need to find the relevant volume control...

Using the boost function is what's causing the static. As I'm not familiar with your setup its hard to give specific advice but when I have had similar problems in the past its always been resolvable by settings in windows

KaneMac

Enthusiast
Struggling to see that myself, the soundcard shouldn't have that much effect. If your able to get some sounds I am willing to bet you just need to find the relevant volume control...

Using the boost function is what's causing the static. As I'm not familiar with your setup its hard to give specific advice but when I have had similar problems in the past its always been resolvable by settings in windows

Yeah time will tell, might just be the headset being at fault.