Hello. I Am a designer 2D/3D, should i upgrade or buy a new pc.

inovatik

Hello.
I am a designer, and i mostly work in photoshop,illustrator,sketchbook pro, cinema 4d with Octane render (GPU render).
I have a 5-6 year old, PC desktop.
I have an image with the specs.
It is slow when i model or when i need to render an interior scene.
And game wise its meh.I get 30 fps on crysis 3 on potato low settings.
I am not a wizard in the pc department, can i get away with just a gpu upgrade(gtx 1070 ti or somthing similar?).
P.S. I have a 31.5 inch monitor 4k at 60 hz dont know if it important info but hey:)
specs.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello.
I am a designer, and i mostly work in photoshop,illustrator,sketchbook pro, cinema 4d with Octane render (GPU render).
I have a 5-6 year old, PC desktop.
I have an image with the specs.
It is slow when i model or when i need to render an interior scene.
And game wise its meh.I get 30 fps on crysis 3 on potato low settings.
I am not a wizard in the pc department, can i get away with just a gpu upgrade(gtx 1070 ti or somthing similar?).
P.S. I have a 31.5 inch monitor 4k at 60 hz dont know if it important info but hey:)
View attachment 11816

As PCS sell custom desktops and laptops we can’t advise on self builds or competitor builds, you may want to check out Toms hardware which is an open forum.

We can advise you on a PCS build if you’d like?

Post your max budget and what monitor you’ll be pairing the system with.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
In general terms, if you're trying to game at 4k, you'll need a very powerful graphics card. Frankly a GTX 1080 ti. And even then Crysis 3 is a very demanding title and 4k is a very demanding resolution:
85946.png

A more powerful graphics card like a 1080 ti would also be a huge boost for rendering in Octane.

For your other uses, a new CPU and faster RAM could be a huge asset.

Faster storage and, possibly, more RAM could also be helpful.

So all of that would be most of a new system. It depends on your budget and how much you need the extra performance.