Hello & Outlook Express!

:)Just to to say "HI". Had a couple of posts and usefull replies in "Check this spec" section over the last few days. But one more thing puzzles me - the disappearance of Outlook Express from Windows 7 (I use it now in XP). Can anyone suggest any alternatives to paying the ransom for the full MS Outlook?:confused: I'll complete my order when I know the answer to that.

Gorman

Author Level
Aha! outlook express is alive and well my friend.

With the release of Vista, outlook express became windows mail which is availiable as a download from Microsoft and part of the windows live package.

This was due in my opinion to the EU rules against MS providing software suites with their operating systems as some companies claimed it was unfair.

Sleinous

Author Level
Windows Live Mail 2011, a nifty tool that i adore, another thing that Microsoft got right this time imo

Gorman

Author Level
I hate outlook, hotmail ftw :)

Hotmail:

hotmail.JPG

Outlook:

outlook.JPG

Facepalm:

facepalm.jpg

Hi Phoenix!

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Well I prefer hotmail, I guess the user interface is more noob-friendly in outlook though ^_^

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like it'll be Windows LiveMail 2011 for me - but can I transfer my Address Book and saved email messages from Outlook Express in XP to Windows LiveMail? (And should I have posted this in the "General discussions" section instead of in New Members?

Sleinous

Author Level
Nah here is fine, yes you can import your contacts and mail, export them from outlook first and wack 'em on a memory stick then import to WLM