Hello peops

Insom

Well I've been browsing the site and forum for a couple of days now and thought I'd just make a quick post to say hi:

Will be ordering a system at some point (once I've worked out a few bills :D ) and in anticipation of FFXIV (so may wait until the requirements have been confirmed for this).

Whats games do all the members/Admins play these days?

Also when you update the price list (ie adding new products not price changes/minor admin updates) do you post anything on the forum/website to show whats been changed?

Cheers,
Insom

Zeplini

Hi and welcome Insom

I'm currently in 1 closed beta, and also play Lotro and AoC while i wait for the best ever mmo to be produced - Star Wars The Old Republic, but as you have guessed I'm a mmo junkie ;)

I suppose new products will get posted on the new forums when they come available ;)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums Insom!

Regarding the price list, we don't specifically post each time we add new products, but we have a "what's new" section on our forums where most new product releases are detailed.

Just a moment ago we added the 1GB version of the GTX460 to our configurators. :)

Sweeney47

Welcome Insom,

Bit of an mmo junkie myself... it all started with that W game but at the moment I have active subscriptions for Eve Online and Age of Conan. Eve Sub dies out in less than a month and I dont think ill be renewing when it does. Currently have another 2.5 months active sub on AoC so that'll be my pass time for a while... Unfortunately my mates PC kinda blew up trying to play it and we're only 44 (Field of the Dead living up to its name?) so i've had to resort to leveling some alts, currently leveling a Dark Templar and its 28, not sure I like it much though :D. What server you on out of interest Zeplini?

Im a bit 50/50 about SWOTOR but the fact bioware is making it is making me lean towards trying it. Diablo 3 and Crysis 2 on my list of "I WANT NOW!!"

Zeplini

Im on Crom PvE, tried the pvp at launch but the ganking was awful - currently have 5 toons from 20 to 55 with around 18 free levels to spend lol, im currently subbed till xmas on that one.....

Sweeney47

haha same... started out on Bori PvE but the memory leaks and chain crashes put me off it, came back few weeks ago after hearing good reviews from the expansion and all my toons are now on Crom. Managed to get an Assassin and Guardian to 80 in the first two months I played at launch but coming back I havnt touched them... wouldnt know where to begin :D In the middle of leveling a HoX(44) Demo(21) DT(28) and Barb(36). Dont have the patience to 'power-level' my chars anymore so taking it slower this time and enjoying it at least there's some end game content to look forward to now unlike at launch heh...

Apologise for semi-hijak Insom. What games do you play? I wasn't too sure about the new Final Fantasy, I heard the first mmo was very 'grindy' not my cup of tea, ill look at some stuff on the new one though then pass judgement.

steveuk87

Super Star
whoop i'm a MMO junkie myself and have played so many its unreal o_O but i wont pay to pay (as i have a very short attention span) so it makes for wasted money... currently playing (when i get pc back) LOTR trial, and Runes of Magic..

Steve

Insom

Well I think its fair to say I'm a MMO/FPS junkie -
FPS
I've actively played in clans matches and even league admins (admin was only for a small league for a server company) in everything from SOF2 to CODMW (1)

MMO
where to begin .......
WOW (about 3 servers god knows how many charc's and how many times I quit then returned)
FFXI
Guild Wars
COH/COV
AION

My waiting list
Diablo3 (2 was epic and I used to farm stones of jordan - suprising I can still remember the name after all these years)
FFXIV

Thanks for the info on the updates to the catalog - I'll be keeping an eye on what changes while I price up the rig i want :)

Sweeney47

I played Aion for a couple of months myself... was alright until you hit around level 40 then my XP bar never seemed to move. On top of that in siege PvP it was so fps'y that all my char models would disappear and i'd end up fighting name tags as thats all I could see...

Insom

Yeah the problem for me as well was that I was playing with a few friends I know from other games - and during the first 3 months I moved home so I was slowing them down :( - I think my main was up to around the 40 mark and I had 2 alts around mid 20 but the delay with getting a new phone line and BB messed that game up for me.

I also had the issues with the PVP and graphice but I put that down to the current PC I'm using as it must be 5 years old already.

steveuk87

Super Star
oh btw welcome Insom :) forgot to say it before.. i hate it when your well into a seige/match and it glitches due to lag and the next minute everything either dissapears or is about 5 secs behind.. hopefully the new "special one" should solve this :p

Steve

Zeplini

i recently went back for a look after the 1.9 patch as this was meant to sort the xp out, but did not feel any different, saying that Ive never got any toons above 23 lol

Insom

I didn't bother going back after moving as being so far out of sync with my friends I just messed about on the ps3 instead