Hello :)

Hello everybody :)
I am an ex-gamer, due to full time working + restarting college as full time student, I rarely have time to play 😢
Hopefully when I will get my degree I'll be able to restart..
I joined the forum because I need a laptop for school/work and can't make up my mind, so I hope to get some advices :D

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello and welcome! :)

As for the laptop let us know the uses, and if gaming then which games, whether work needs any demanding apps, and your budget. :)

Hello and welcome! :)

As for the laptop let us know the uses, and if gaming then which games, whether work needs any demanding apps, and your budget. :)
Hello and thanks :)

I work as software and data engineer(my main focus for now is data analysis and machine learning) and recently I went back to school to earn a bachelor degree in Computer Science(attended 2 out of 3 years in 2007 but left due to family issues and never restarted until 2020).

The laptop I was using for both work and school died and my company said they will give me another laptop but I can't use it for school, so I decided to buy my own laptop for school and work.

I want a 15.6 since I travel 80% of the time for work, train, car, airplane, I want something "smaller".

I was undecided between the Vyper III and the Proteus VIII

The Vyper has mg alloy chassis which is great for heat dissipation and is light, opposed to the plastic chassis of the Proteus, but the Proteus has better storage options and better battery..

The laptop will have two Os, Win10 and Linux on separate disks.

Besides that I'd like to add(my laptop has to last as long as possible):
32 GB ram
At least 2TB storage
i7(can't really choose)
8GB GPU but I'd be ok also with 6

My budget is top 2200 euro, would like to spend more but school itself is already quite expensive..