HELP NEEDED: New build for first timer and advice.

Arrived today (yay!).
would it be better to put the desktop on the shelf or on a tile/piece of wood on the floor? (Tried to upload a photo of the office but it was too large)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Arrived today (yay!).
would it be better to put the desktop on the shelf or on a tile/piece of wood on the floor? (Tried to upload a photo of the office but it was too large)
Personally I have mine on the carpet raised a tiny bit to increase airflow.

If you’ve selected Wi-Fi, make sure you attach the antenna otherwise signal won’t be good, should be loose in the box.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Whichever is safest and more convenient. If it's going to get drinks spilled on it (or if you spill a drink on the table and it will flow off the edge and onto the PC) or kicked on the floor, probably the shelf. :)

If it's well out of danger on the floor, I too would put a sheet of wood down so the PSU isn't trying to inhale the carpet, or raised as Spydertracks says,

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
That looks like it's just the thing they have on plastic / glass bits of computer equipment during shipping. It's packaging. Peel off gently and dispose :)

I'm not sure if the request for pics related to the plastic thing, or the PC in all its glory more generally!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
There are usually 2 screws at the back of the PC that hold the side panel on. Remove the screws, slide off the side panel, and peel off the sheet by hand.

I think you can even see one of the screws in your photo:
2NEh3go.jpg

Cheers everyone got it sorted.

Now how do I install/reactivate Bluetooth?
seems like I'll have to get a dongle

Last edited: