Help on build

woodyus

Just spoken to PCS and they will be sending out a single stick or RAM to swap with the faulty one.

I specifically questioned the call handler about having a matched pair and concerns about it running in dual channel.

He said that there wouldn't be any problems and the stick that is being sent out will be the same brand/size/mhz. So I guess I will check this RAM when it arrives and also check it in the program suggested for showing if the RAM is running dual channel or not.

Thanks again.

andjac

Bronze Level Poster
When they replaced one of my two RAM sticks, the new one was on the same channel as the original.
Now i know this does not guarantee yours will be but as UBUYSA mentioned likely hood with their stock it could be dual

woodyus

Just taken delivery of the new RAM stick I made a note of the details on the back of the original stick and it certainly seems like its the same batch so hopefully I'll have no problems with it (all the numbering on the stick is the same, including version number voltage etc)

I'm just running it through Memtest86 now.

woodyus

Thanks Ubuysa.

I have run the memtest86 test for 4 full cycles with 0 errors on the new stick.

And attached is a image of the memory tab in CPU-Z which is reporting dual channel.

Happy days!!! Hopefully (touch wood) that's the last of my problems and I can get on to enjoying the new machine.

Much appreciated with all the help, both of you guys are a credit to PCS

Attachments

• cpu-z.PNG
    cpu-z.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 149