Help sourcing a part.

dazzy1984

Hi, would PCS be able to send me out a spare part? I purchased a laptop several years ago but the AC IN Power Jack Connector has gone funny. It starts to burn and has actually damaged the side of the laptop. The model is W670RC. Everything else still works perfect so would be a shame to not fix it which will be a straight forward fix if I can get my hands on the wire. I have already took the wire out and can not find anything to ID it and look on Ebay. I presume it will be a generic wire from China or somewhere. As it is out of warranty I do not expect PCS to send one out for free I will pay.

Thank you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, would PCS be able to send me out a spare part? I purchased a laptop several years ago but the AC IN Power Jack Connector has gone funny. It starts to burn and has actually damaged the side of the laptop. The model is W670RC. Everything else still works perfect so would be a shame to not fix it which will be a straight forward fix if I can get my hands on the wire. I have already took the wire out and can not find anything to ID it and look on Ebay. I presume it will be a generic wire from China or somewhere. As it is out of warranty I do not expect PCS to send one out for free I will pay.

Thank you.
Best to contact PCS directly for something like that. We can only speculate.

dazzy1984

Good luck, let us know what they say?
Just an update for you. PCS did not have the part in stock but I managed to source one on Ebay. A bit pricey at £20 for a wire but it did the job. The old one had melted the mounting screw holes so had to use a bit of epoxy to secure it. Works perfect now though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just an update for you. PCS did not have the part in stock but I managed to source one on Ebay. A bit pricey at £20 for a wire but it did the job. The old one had melted the mounting screw holes so had to use a bit of epoxy to secure it. Works perfect now though.
Glad it’s working!