Help System is not responding

kai143

Hello everyone

i brought a desktop from here few months back and it was working fine, but today when i turn it on after the password all the shortcut appeared but when i click on anything screen went white and i got message saying "Windows Explore not responding" and i got three option and i chose to restart windows explorer and after few second everything came back but when i tried to click again same thing happen. so i restarted the whole pc but i had the problem again so restarted the pc again and now its working fine ( i had this problem few weeks back as well and after restart it went back but since it happen again i m seeking help or advice on what is happening)

Also some time my screen goes black and after few seconds it comes back but at the bottom corner i received message that my display driver stoped working and it has recoverd now, please help understand what is going on with my pc and how to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What shortcut are you clicking on? And what antivirus do you run?

I would download malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org and run a full scan including rootkits.

Also, have you updated your drivers since you got it?

kai143

i m not clicking any shortcut just simply clicking and i m getting the message and i m running avg 2014

i have updated the driver once when i got message from amd catalyst control center

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i m not clicking any shortcut just simply clicking and i m getting the message and i m running avg 2014

i have updated the driver once when i got message from amd catalyst control center

I would run the malwarebytes scan first of all and then update all your motherboard drivers.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This sort of problem is often caused by context menu plugins installed in explorer by applications. These are the additional items you see in the drop-down list when you right-click on files and folders. So....have you installed any new applications recently?

A good way to test this is to disable all the additional context menu plugins. I don;t know of a way to do this in Windows but if you have Ccleaner installed you can disable selective context menu plugins from there. I'd suggest you disable them all at first and see whether that helps. If it does selectively re-enabling should identify the culprit.

FWIW. I always disable all context menu entries except those I actually use (which is almost none).

paul1224

i have Ccleaner installed but can u tell me how to disable the context manus

Go into CCleaner:

- click on 'Tools'
- click on 'Start up'
- click on 'Context Menu'
- highlight the entries and click on either 'enable, disable, or delete'

Personally I don't have any entries on my Home PC in the Context Menu at all, at work the only entries I have relate to our anti-virus package as I have to keep those enabled. If there are any entries there you don't use or know about I would personally 'disable' them and see if it improves the situation. If it does you could always then 'delete' the culprit later on if needed.