Help!! What on earth is this song - Earworm!!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was watching a Jayz2Cents vid on youtube and an ad came on. The music instantly struck a chord with me but I had instinctively hit skip just as fast as I could, so I was very limited with my time.

I am absolutely positive I know the song, I've most definitely heard it before but the identification of it has me split. I'm thinking Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac..... but at the same time I'm thinking of a modern song with a similar sound to it, much the same as the Weeknd.

I can give very very little information on the song. However:

It's definitely a female with a coarser sounding voice akin to Stevie Nicks
It has a synthetic reasonably high pitched set of tones. It sounds almost like a triangle, but a little lower key.... mid-mid-high-mid-mid-low (then repeats) timing like 1-2-3 3-2-1 - with a melancholy vocal following.

I'm actually at the point of getting my kids toy piano and playing it :ROFLMAO:

Please help me before I go through all of Stevie's songs only to find it's not her!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'm disappointed in myself though. It's actually 1-2-3 - 2-3-1.

Could almost consider me cheating :D
Funny thing is, I knew the song as soon as I read the first message… unfortunately I arrived thirty seconds too late and you’d already answered your own question! Mrs C loves the Mac, I hear that song being sung or hummed regularly.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Funny thing is, I knew the song as soon as I read the first message… unfortunately I arrived thirty seconds too late and you’d already answered your own question! Mrs C loves the Mac, I hear that song being sung or hummed regularly.
Big fan myself. There's a few of their albums that take you on a genuine journey. It's not a story as such, it's just a showpiece of styles and variation.

I've never been a big fan of any particular style, band, group, genre or anything like that. I just like music, songs, tones and tracks.... I think over the piece Fleetwood Mac have really encompassed that freedom of expression and variation in their art.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Big fan myself. There's a few of their albums that take you on a genuine journey. It's not a story as such, it's just a showpiece of styles and variation.

I've never been a big fan of any particular style, band, group, genre or anything like that. I just like music, songs, tones and tracks.... I think over the piece Fleetwood Mac have really encompassed that freedom of expression and variation in their art.
Extremely well put! You can’t pigeonhole them in a way you could with many other groups. And whilst I love what Peter Green could do with a guitar, him leaving the band was the catalyst for them freeing themselves from being labelled. Good old Stevie and Lindsay getting on board turned something good into something great.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Extremely well put! You can’t pigeonhole them in a way you could with many other groups. And whilst I love what Peter Green could do with a guitar, him leaving the band was the catalyst for them freeing themselves from being labelled. Good old Stevie and Lindsay getting on board turned something good into something great.

Indeed, and very much so. I think there will most definitely be a documentary/filmography coming to us in the future with the entire story (whether factual or fiction). I'll be front and centre for that one :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't know how but my exposure to Fleetwood Mac has been minimal. There are the classics which I do love, but overall I know very little about them, but I've invested quite heavily in some of their albums as I know it's a band I'd like to get to know better.

Speaking of all this, did you ever look further into record setups?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Indeed, and very much so. I think there will most definitely be a documentary/filmography coming to us in the future with the entire story (whether factual or fiction). I'll be front and centre for that one :)
Featuring Michael Cera as Lindsey Buckingham, Margot Robbie as Stevie Nicks and Matt Lucas as Mick Fleetwood.

C08B3A35-FB93-430B-8CCB-275A7B97DD60.png

Casting choices to be confirmed.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I don't know how but my exposure to Fleetwood Mac has been minimal. There are the classics which I do love, but overall I know very little about them, but I've invested quite heavily in some of their albums as I know it's a band I'd like to get to know better.

Speaking of all this, did you ever look further into record setups?

Definitely worth a proper listen, one album at a time. I wouldn't do the collection all in one go as you need to cleanse the palate periodically..... but it's definitely a journey. I often felt like it was a soft-core The Wall haha.

I decided I'm going to go big or go home with the turntable. I'm definitely taking the advice with the Planar 3, cartridge to be determined, but I'll be in touch when the time comes. Unfortunately I've never had the free cash to do it yet, but my time will definitely come.

You've actually got me thinking though. Until that time comes I'm probably as well collecting some vinyl, it's only going to go up realistically.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Definitely worth a proper listen, one album at a time. I wouldn't do the collection all in one go as you need to cleanse the palate periodically..... but it's definitely a journey. I often felt like it was a soft-core The Wall haha.

I decided I'm going to go big or go home with the turntable. I'm definitely taking the advice with the Planar 3, cartridge to be determined, but I'll be in touch when the time comes. Unfortunately I've never had the free cash to do it yet, but my time will definitely come.

You've actually got me thinking though. Until that time comes I'm probably as well collecting some vinyl, it's only going to go up realistically.
Absolutely. Most of my records were bought new, some I paid through the nose that were out of print, but that's only a few in my collection. I reckon I've spent about 10k, but the valuation of my collection according to Discogs is around 40k.

And most of those are records released in the last 10 years.

Prices will only go up.

Thing I've learnt with vinyl is buy it on pre order if at all possible, if it's at all popular, it will sell out quickly and the second hand market is ridiculously inflated in the main.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Absolutely. Most of my records were bought new, some I paid through the nose that were out of print, but that's only a few in my collection. I reckon I've spent about 10k, but the valuation of my collection according to Discogs is around 40k.

And most of those are records released in the last 10 years.

Prices will only go up.

Thing I've learnt with vinyl is buy it on pre order if at all possible, if it's at all popular, it will sell out quickly and the second hand market is ridiculously inflated in the main.

With that I think Tango in the Night will need to be my first modern day Vinyl purchase :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
With that I think Tango in the Night will need to be my first modern day Vinyl purchase :D
One I'd recommend (I was lucky enough to get one on Record Store Day 2018) is Alternate Tango in the Night

There's one UK seller on Discogs selling it near cost (it was £20 on release), and it's quite rare. All the tracks are available on the 30th Anniversary Boxset, but that's probably worth a fortune now at a guess.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Dreams is one of my all time favourite songs

In fact pretty much any Fleetwood is top tier

Rhiannon, Little Lies, Landslide, banger after banger

I'm also a man who loves covers and Miley Cyrus doing Stevie Nicks songs is outstanding. Her vocal is incredible and just suits the style of songs to a tee