Help! Witcher 3 crashed my new PC.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
The game crashed on the PC and the screen went off. The RBG right of RAM is off even after cold shut down and power up. Windows memory diagnostics show no errors when it ran. Can you please help me?

CaseCORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card12GB AMD RADEON™ RED DEVIL RX 6700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
2nd Storage DriveNONE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL

@SpyderTracks Can you please look into this?

Last edited:

barlew

Godlike
The game crashed on the PC and the screen went off. The RBG right of RAM is off even after cold shut down and power up. Windows memory diagnostics show no errors when it ran. Can you please help me?

CaseCORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card12GB AMD RADEON™ RED DEVIL RX 6700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
2nd Storage DriveNONE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL

@SpyderTracks Can you please look into this?
So are you able to restart your PC and boot into Windows?

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yes, booted. I reinstalled Witcher and it seems to be working now. I use the GOG Galaxy client. The RGB for the RAM isn't still working.
Try turning off the PC, turn off PSU, remove power cable, remove the RAM sticks and plug them back in

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
You plugged out the RAM and plugged it back in? In that case make sure you plugged them in the correct way and that it correctly locked
Yes, I heard the click when reseating the RAMs. The 1st light is yellow next to it. No beep when it tries to boot. Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 17413

I doint know if you have other threads, but when did you get it and what have you done with the machine since getting it?
Windows updates, iCue, Armory Crate etc, chipset should be up to date but doesnt hurt to check and also AMD GPU drivers?

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
I doint know if you have other threads, but when did you get it and what have you done with the machine since getting it?
Windows updates, iCue, Armory Crate etc, chipset should be up to date but doesnt hurt to check and also AMD GPU drivers?
Everything was updated. The PC doesn't boot now.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Is there a way to check if the RAM is detected?
The yellow light indicates an issue with the RAM sticks - double check that you have put them back in the same slots they were originally in.

Since you've done it once already, I would take them out and reinstall them again and reboot.

If that doesn't get you back into Windows, the next step for me would be clear the CMOS memory and try again, however this will reset your BIOS to default settings......

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
The yellow light indicates an issue with the RAM sticks - double check that you have put them back in the same slots they were originally in.

Since you've done it once already, I would take them out and reinstall them again and reboot.

If that doesn't get you back into Windows, the next step for me would be clear the CMOS memory and try again, however this will reset your BIOS to default settings......
Thank you. It's booted up now. Should I worry about the RGB on the RAM? The RAM load is at 25%. Should I contact technical support?

D

Deleted member 17413

its not showing in iCue?
You might also want to run memtest for peace of mind that its not got a fault

D

Deleted member 17413

You can download it here from MemTest directly.
It will create a usb that you set to boot from, and restart your pc, but it takes hours to run so best done when you arent going to want to use it/overnight.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
@purplewakanda - I would rule out/in software issues first personally. If it is iCue you use and the RAM is not showing in there any more when it was preivously, then you could try reinstalling iCue perhaps - there is actually new version of it recently released so I don't know which one you have at the moment.

D

Deleted member 17413

Also, check which slots youve got it all plugged into, just in case...

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
its not showing in iCue?
You might also want to run memtest for peace of mind that its not got a fault
@purplewakanda - I would rule out/in software issues first personally. If it is iCue you use and the RAM is not showing in there any more when it was preivously, then you could try reinstalling iCue perhaps - there is actually new version of it recently released so I don't know which one you have at the moment.
There is no effect even after updating iCue.
icue-mb (2).PNG

D

Deleted member 17413

I would of though corsair ram showed up as its own device?. (never had it before)
Do you have armory crate installed so you have aura sync? does that show anything?

D

Deleted member 17413

It doesnt seem to be recognising any RGB at all, so i think the RAM itself...
I would contact PCS and also try searching the corsair forums

Far as I was aware, Corsair RGB RAM is basically plug and play with iCue, but i've got no direct experience with it im sorry.