Help with figuring out a suitable build

FranMor

Monitor - I do not have one and am clueless as to which one(s) I should be considering, but it definitely can't be larger than 24"
Keyboard - Currently selected a SPCS BK110 USB
Mouse - Currently selected a PCS GM150 RGB Gaming Mouse
Speakers - NA (I only intend on using a headset)
Intended Port Usage - Headset and mouse/controller
Uses - Gaming (FPS, mobas, modded simulations, and new releases)
Budget - Up to £2,500-ish

Hi folks, I was tentatively navigating the options for a custom PC build before feeling a little bit overwhelmed, such as with trying to figure out what would be suitable choices for such things as motherboards, network cards, amount of ram, number of fans, and trying to understand whether I was right to ignore things like the option of a 2nd and even a 3rd graphics card(?). The amount of information made available in the '?' does feel comprehensive, but much of it is going over my head due to my obliviousess (I haven't had a desktop PC for over 20 years), even while consulting google for a couple of hours.

Any advice on what I ought to reconsider? Thank you.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hiya, firstly a huge thank you, you've obviously read through the newcomers section and posted a perfect spec advice post, so huge thank you for taking the time to do that, it really helps us out (y)

Monitor - I do not have one and am clueless as to which one(s) I should be considering
Would the monitor budget be included within the £2500 budget or is there an additional budget for that?

Don't worry, PC designing is quite an art of understanding all the nuances between models and manufacturers, so we can sort something out to meet your requirements.

An AMD build will give better performance while having far longer lifespan and other significant benefits.