Help with installing a GTX770 graphics card.

Rob1878

Bronze Level Poster
Can anyone help me out please? I have bought a GTX770 graphics card. I have never done any upgrading on my PC before so I naively thought that I could just unplug my old graphics card (a HD 5570) and plug the new one straight into the motherboard. However when I plugged it in I got an error message saying "Please power down and connect the PCIe Power cable(s) for this graphics card". I am presuming I am meant to connect it to the PSU? My previous card had no cables. The 770 comes with a very short cable with a black 8 pin plug at one end and 2 x 6 pin plugs at the other. Having read the installation PDF I know I am supposed to plug the 8 pin and one of the 6 pin plugs into the card but cannot see where I am supposed to plug the other 6 pin. I have looked for another cable that would take the pin that is connected to the PSU but cannot see one. My PSU is a 600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail & 120mm Case Fan.

My system specs are

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 5570

I know there are other threads on installing GTX 770's but so far they have not helped me. I know I am asking a lot but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

T

TheGeeza

If you look through the cables from your PSU there should be a PCI power connector. 2 of them.
They look like this.
pcie.jpg

Just plug them into your graphics card in the 8 and six pin power ports on the side.
This is where you should plug them in. (The rectangular black things on the side with the holes in :)
asus-gtx770-power.jpg

Rob1878

Bronze Level Poster
I have 2 x 6 pin cables and 2 x 2 cables coming from my PSU. Presumably a combination of these cables would work? Sorry for such basic questions