Help with laptop selection

Fleebeforeme

I'm looking at getting a new laptop and want something that I can game on as well.

I'm not looking for anything too flashy the sort of games I'm looking to play are the new age of empires, maybe warzone maybe not, not too bothered about a massively high frame rate.

Problem is I'm on a bit of a budget, ideally around £500 or less, could go a little more if necessary.

Unfortunately I have no idea what I'm looking for I've been a console gamer for nigh on 20 years, any advice is appreciated

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm looking at getting a new laptop and want something that I can game on as well.

I'm not looking for anything too flashy the sort of games I'm looking to play are the new age of empires, maybe warzone maybe not, not too bothered about a massively high frame rate.

Problem is I'm on a bit of a budget, ideally around £500 or less, could go a little more if necessary.

Unfortunately I have no idea what I'm looking for I've been a console gamer for nigh on 20 years, any advice is appreciated
Laptops are more expensive than desktops, and the worldwide market is seeing the highest prices ever at the moment.

For a basic gaming laptop, you'd be looking around £1200, it's just not possible under that I'm afraid.

You may have some luck in the second hand market, but that's the only way you'd be able to do it with that budget.