Help with new laptop specs please

Dibley

Hello, Sorry if this seems a lazy question but i need help with specs for next laptop. With i will but from these guys following a recommendation.
I am getting on a bit and not really moved with the times, the Laptop is mainly used for surfing and home duties. I use a rc model flight sim which is not high end (my cureent laptop runs it fine) listen to music. My grandkids are trying to teach me basic cad stuff,again this is not high end,think its called "draftsight" ? free programme.

So my current machine was bought from PC world apx 4-5 years ago. I just wanted something of a good spec and quality so ended up with a LENOVO Z51-70.
This as got

15.6 screen
intel i7 5500u chip
8mb ddr3 mem
1 terrabit hd
graphics are integrated,if i recall
dvd
Fulll hd screen
dolby sound
the case is ally/metal

This might sound a silly way to buy a laptop BUT this as worked for my needs so something of the same performanxce OR slightly better will do.
I do like the built in disc drive but not essential.
The dolby sound i have sounds ok, might sound much better than normal speakers BUT i would not know.
15.6 inch again
I have no idea how much i need to pay to equal this,so any pointers to the laptops here would really help.

This laptop is playing up, screen shows vertical bands,bars when tilted or toucehed ,so not worth repairing ,i have been told.

Many thansk

lauwai

Bronze Level Poster
If you're happy with the laptop performance as is and you don't need portability maybe just buy and external monitor and keyboard and carry on using it till it dies? Certainly much cheaper than a new laptop.