Help with ssh

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkill

Can anyone help me solve this providing the comands used?

Accessing a remote service
In this challenge, you will propose a way to access a service running on a remotely blocked port.

Consider the architecture proposed on the figure below:

Client A --------------------SSH---------------Server A------------------SSH----------------ServerB

The only allowed connection between Client A and Server A is via SSH. The only allowed connection between Server A and Server B is via SSH.

We need to access, from Client A and using HTTP, a service running on port 8000 of Server B.

Note:

There is a service running on port 8000 of Server A.

Both client and servers run CentOS 7 without X.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
So you want to use SSH to connect from client A to server A, then launch SSH on server A to connect to server B...

Forgive my dumbness but where does the service on server A / port 8000 come into it?

In the first instance, you're looking at a multihop or tunnelled SSH - no biggy. SSH into server A then SSH from server A to server B

But I am going to assume I am missing something

Rakk

The Awesome
So you want to use SSH to connect from client A to server A, then launch SSH on server A to connect to server B...

Forgive my dumbness but where does the service on server A / port 8000 come into it?

In the first instance, you're looking at a multihop or tunnelled SSH - no biggy. SSH into server A then SSH from server A to server B

But I am going to assume I am missing something

Looks like a test/homework/exam question to me given the text at the top 'In this challenge, you will' ....

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Looks like a test/homework/exam question to me given the text at the top 'In this challenge, you will' ....

Good spot - didn't notice that.

It might also explain why it seems to be missing pertinent information.

Always happy to help but I am not going to do someone's homework for them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.