Here we go!

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
This should be getting ordered tomorrow, just need to head down and lift the money from the bank to give to my folks so they can put it on their card. Now to start the process of backing stuff up and making lists of software I need to install!

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE (£82)**SPECIAL**

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-930 (2.80GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® P6X58D PREMIUM: DDR3, USB 3.0 & SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI

Memory (RAM)
6GB CORSAIR XMS3 TRI-DDR3 1600MHz (3 X 2GB)

Graphics Card
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5870 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)

Power Supply & Case Cooling
CORSAIR 850W PSU (TX850) 80+ ULTRA QUIET (£105)

Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER (£39)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, Lifetime Tech Support) (£5)

yamibone

good rig, what are the type of activities you will be utilizing this for? I think a 750W corsair would suit your system much better (cheaper PSU + less expense in electricity as 750 is perfect for your processor/gpu). Admins correct me if im wrong.

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
The 750W version ain't available at the moment, so went with that one. Well with the express options.

And for gaming obviously. As well as Development using Visual Studio, Unity and the Unreal UDK. Uni student you see.

Last edited:

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
Looks like its gonna have to wait a few days till we chase up the bank or what not. Payment couldn't be Authorised :(.

Zeplini

sometimes banks dont let a big payment go for security reasons or its out of charactor, a quick phone call to let them know and you will be on your way bud ;)

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
sometimes banks dont let a big payment go for security reasons or its out of charactor, a quick phone call to let them know and you will be on your way bud ;)

Yep. We actually got through them pretty quickly which was a surprise! Seems it was because of this large money order and the folks also booking a holiday the other day. Its all sorted now!

And thanks again for all you guys support on the forum!

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
You mind me asking how much this rig came to? Is pretty close to what I had in mind but with the 5870 rather than a 5850...

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
Sweet. Without a monitor I suspect though?

And I got the two cards round the wrong way...doh!

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah no monitor. If your going for the 5850 it should be around £100 cheaper, I would have a look at the GTX 460 though. I think they will have the 1GB model in soon.

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
Heh, check the 'What's new' thread for my thoughts on that already ;)

With some tweaking I may go for a similar spec, need a monitor, speakers, k & M included though...And the budget is 1400.

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
Ahh, didn't notice that! With a few tweaks you should be able to get it under your budget! Didn't know you were from Glasgow though!

Nearly done with the backing up and getting of software ready for it being delivered. Joys of being a student and getting free software from the Uni!

GazzaScotland

Bronze Level Poster
Is it sad I'm checking every so often to see if it will get dispatched today? :p

Finally finished moving everything off I need to keep.

LDUK

Master Poster
Is it sad I'm checking every so often to see if it will get dispatched today? :p

Ha ha, I understand your, anxiousness lol. I wanted the fast track, but also wanted the 60gb SSD lol. I went for the SSD lol. I'll be waiting a while for mine I guess. :(

Sweeney47

haha, except for case and motherboard, I just bought the exact same setup.

Went for the maelstrom T900 instead of the HAF and the -E rather than Premium version of the mobo, looked them up and apparently the difference was minimal.

Can't wait to get it :cool:

steveuk87

Super Star

To be honest mate i was the same, checking in work, and at home, then checking DHL, and then phoneing my house to see if it had been (i'm very impatient if you hadn't noticed)

Steve