Here's a thought

This is happening far to often to be a coincidence.

Since I made the decision to buy a new computer to replace my existing 4.5 year old model, it has been acting up multiple times daily (the old one I mean the new one was only ordered yesterday) either games and the like are CTD or the whole sytem locks up requiring a reboot.

It's always been fine, up until about a couple of weeks ago, when I voiced my intentions to buy a new system out loud. If I weren't slightly more secular in my beliefs I would swear that my old system is upset at being replaced and is exacting revenge by making the transition period as annoying as possible. Who says computers don't have feelings! :rolleyes:

Should I buy it flowers or something?

P.S This isn't a tech support request or anything, I just thought it was interesting

Gorman

Author Level
Computers are great.

They are also vindictive, cunning, malicious and devious little ******** when they want to be.

Zeplini

welcome ananachaphobiac, cheated on the old girl and now you are paying the price im afraid

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
The amount of people who call up and buy a new PC, and then call up a couple of days later to ask us to prioritise it as their old Pc got wind of it and promptly died. It's either heartbreak or vindictiveness.

It's like the old 'school/college/uni/work project needs printing but the printer mysteriously won't work' situation.

PC's don't have feeling's, they are just callous beings.

Personally I don't think it's just computers. A cousin of mine decided to buy a new van, after having his old one for about 6 years. It had rarely if ever given him a problem during that time.

Then when he ordered his new van the old one started stalling on an almost hourly basis right up until the day he had to head over to the dealership to collect his new car, the old one actually broke down all together, he had to get it towed and hitch a lift to the dealership. ;)