Hey

Meds

Hey,

Do you have a budget you are working towards? Do you just need the PC Tower, or do you require a monitor, keyboard, speakers etc?

This will help people recommend a PC for you.

Thanx for the quick reply

I looked at the PC's however I want to build my own, as I want some experience in building PC's: is there anyway I can pay for your expertise to help me? I am also located in the UK, its just that I am on a computing course at Uni, but it was mainly web development and coding. I did have a high spec PC but the PSU started smoking and before that the PC monitors went blank (no bois etc) made loud noises from the fan in the graphics card. I am assuming other components are fried this way i can test as I build the pc turned on by hot swapping?

The PC was a Dell, and i wanted to have a PC i could upgrade, I am new to this but I am willing to learn, sorry as I do understand you wont to make a profit, but I could buy parts through you? Your advice is appreciated thanx! My budget atm is probably around £2000 I am assuming if i build it myself i can get more bang for my buck?

I used to play mw2, crysis, Avp all at high detail!!! atm i play runescape on my ubuntu netbook
samsung nc10 low detail all i can do is woodcut, i cant see anything!

thnx guys!

Last edited:

Meds

It's good to hear you're wanting to build your own PC for experience and to help with your course however, I'm afraid we do not sell individual components, so we cannot help you with that.

The upside is that there is a good community here and I'm sure there will be people willing to help out with advice on the best components/configurations.

ty for your help!

I have been doing some research, but can you point me in the direction for some beginners information on graphics card, all i really know is agp out and psi-E in. The graphics card labels can be confusing. Ill start looking at threads now!

Thnx guys

Sleinous

Author Level
I looked at the PC's however I want to build my own, as I want some experience in building PC's: is there anyway I can pay for your expertise to help me? I am also located in the UK, its just that I am on a computing course at Uni, but it was mainly web development and coding. I did have a high spec PC but the PSU started smoking and before that the PC monitors went blank (no bois etc) made loud noises from the fan in the graphics card. I am assuming other components are fried this way i can test as I build the pc turned on by hot swapping?

The PC was a Dell, and i wanted to have a PC i could upgrade, I am new to this but I am willing to learn, sorry as I do understand you wont to make a profit, but I could buy parts through you? Your advice is appreciated thanx! My budget atm is probably around £2000 I am assuming if i build it myself i can get more bang for my buck?

I used to play mw2, crysis, Avp all at high detail!!! atm i play runescape on my ubuntu netbook
samsung nc10 low detail all i can do is woodcut, i cant see anything!

thnx guys!

Youd think you could, but, I looked up EVERY single part i'd need on amazon/ebuyer etc etc and it turned out to be about £15~ cheaper lol. Now i'd rather pay PCS £15, incase I somehow statically fry a part! :p

I have been doing some research, but can you point me in the direction for some beginners information on graphics card, all i really know is agp out and psi-E in. The graphics card labels can be confusing. Ill start looking at threads now!

Thnx guys

The standard at the moment is PCIe x16 (2.0) being the bus speed I believe. AGP is old hat now, as is PCI, infact you can end up paying way more for a GPU that has a PCI interface as opposed to a PCIe interface as they are barely made anymore.