Hi my name is Insane.Pringle

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Hi

Not actually a new member since I registered about 5 years ago when I ordered a computer but never popped in to say hello. Now that I've ordered another new computer, which is currently stuck in the pre-processing queue at 33 days and counting, i thought i'd pop in and say hi so.. err Hi!! šŸ˜

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi

Not actually a new member since I registered about 5 years ago when I ordered a computer but never popped in to say hello. Now that I've ordered another new computer, which is currently stuck in the pre-processing queue at 33 days and counting, i thought i'd pop in and say hi so.. err Hi!! šŸ˜
Firstly.... one of the best usernames I've seen, bravo :ROFLMAO: Fully appreciated!

And secondly, welcome to the forums, although you've been around a bit, it's very nice to properly be acquainted :)

What specs did you order if you don't mind me asking?

D

Deleted member 41971

Hi

welcome welcome, now I get the phrase "Pringles- once you pop you cant stop"

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Hi Spydertracks, I think I vaguely recall seeing several posts of yours back when I registered in 2016

I got the username when i was a member of another scifi fan fiction forum (it sadly no longer exists), similar to spacebattles.com. A few online friends were moderators there and they had a thing for changing other member's usernames.. could have gotten it changed back but quite liked it.. it certainly stands out!! Lol

Give me a few mins to retrieve my specs from the pcs site, probably weird specs at that now that I've looked at few other computer specs..

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Case
CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5 Six Core Processor i5-10600K (4.1 GHz) 12 MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUSĀ® ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX/SLI) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIESā„¢ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUSĀ® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Hmm I need to relearn forum coding again.. I used to be able to put thing like the above into a quote box so it doesn't take up half a page etc

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Case
CORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5 Six Core Processor i5-10600K (4.1 GHz) 12 MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUSĀ® ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX/SLI) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIESā„¢ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUSĀ® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
What are you using it for and what monitor are you pairing it with, what make and model?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For gaming (Primarily strategy type ie total war, stellaris) as for monitor.. it's not really a monitor..
LG OLED55CX5LB (2020) OLED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 55 inch
I'd strongly suggest making some fundamental changes, the CPU world has moved on quite significantly over the past 2 years.

Intel are now very weak, and inherently insecure.

AMD are now far more powerful for the same money and have better features, plus much better futureproofing.

For the same money you could get far better performance and features.

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
I'd strongly suggest making some fundamental changes, the CPU world has moved on quite significantly over the past 2 years.

Intel are now very weak, and inherently insecure.

AMD are now far more powerful for the same money and have better features, plus much better futureproofing.

For the same money you could get far better performance and features.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I used to build my own computers, but am badly out of touch these days..

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
'Pringle of Scotland' has been a make of Scottish knitwear for way way longer than the crisps have been around - good quality stuff actually

Welcome to the forums btw :)
That I didn't know.. might have to buy a jumper from them. Then I can be a person who wear Pringle jumpers, eats Pringle crisps and goes by the name of insane.pringle(online obviously.. not sure what sort of looks I'd get if I introduced myself as Insane.Pringle... šŸ˜‚)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I used to build my own computers, but am badly out of touch these days..
What's your maximum budget and how much did that build come to?

We'll draw up an AMD spec and then you can decide if you want to change or not.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
'Pringle of Scotland' has been a make of Scottish knitwear for way way longer (looks like they started in about 1815) than the crisps have been around - good quality stuff actually

Welcome to the forums btw :)
Exactly! Some famous ones would be those worn by Nick Faldo on his way to his Open titles. They can get pretty insane really - hence my question! šŸ™‚

Anyway, back to your build......

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi

Welcome man :)

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
What's your maximum budget and how much did that build come to?

We'll draw up an AMD spec and then you can decide if you want to change or not.

the build above came to Ā£1,877.00 after VAT
i would prefer to keep it to about the same cost as i'm using my redundancy money (Thanks Covid for losing me my job) but i can stretch to 2K

i do have an SSD drive i will install for storage as i have Xbox ultimate and steam accounts.

shall i post the specs for the build i have in the check my spec sub forum so we don't clutter up the welcome newbie forum?

also is it possible to cancel my build at it's current stage (pre-processing)?

Rakk

The Awesome
shall i post the specs for the build i have in the check my spec sub forum so we don't clutter up the welcome newbie forum?
Yes, thats probably a good idea

also is it possible to cancel my build at it's current stage (pre-processing)?
If its in pre-production yes you can, if its still in 'processing' (ie you only ordered it very recently), you'll have to wait til it gets to pre-production first

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Yes, thats probably a good idea

If its in pre-production yes you can, if its still in 'processing' (ie you only ordered it very recently), you'll have to wait til it gets to pre-production first
specs posted in the check my spec forum

it has been in the pre-processing stage for 33 days now, it'll be the graphic card that is holding it up cos i know they had none in stock when i speced out the build