Hi, quick question...

Bartlett

Ok, I am considering buying a PC from here and I have a question about the warranty. Right now I have the platinum warranty ticked, so 3 years parts, labour and collect/return. I just want to make sure that a scenario is covered because a part of your warranty guide lines has made me a bit skeptical, high lighted below...

7.3. This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage or accident.

Now, the scenario... If my pcu was to randomly burn out in year 2, happened to an old comp :( my PSU just died.

Would that part then be replaced? Or would this be considered fair wear and tear?

Maestro

Yes it would be replaced, unless the burn out was due to a lightening strike or some other act of god. That isnt covered under your warranty. Fair wear and tear, is basically the changes to an items condition over time, not failures. Scratches, numbers / letters coming of a keyboard etc. All items will show physical and performace degradation over time and what the fair wear and tear statement says is that you cannot come back to us in two years time and say you want a new pc because the one you have is looking old, or sounding a bit noisier, or a bit slower than when you purchased it. Just the same as your car. It might do a top speed of 120mph when new, but after two years it might only do 115mph, because the engine isnt as efficient etc.