High CPU temps

Emo

Silver Level Poster
So, I think the problem was a missing ACPI Bridge driver that comes bundled with CCC. I installed this standalone, and so far the GPU has behaved OK for a couple of weeks.

Hi, I have your own laptop with your own problems, indeed I started OCT sessions that gave me very high temperatures (close to 100 for the CPU and 80 GPU). How did you solve?,

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
No, where can I find it?
You should be able to log into your PCS account on the site, then go to the download section, you should see this:
1618423386719.png

With CCC you can choose the Entertainment profile and also adjust your fan curves so you can get lower temperatures.

I don't use CCC but I used ThrottleStop to undervolt and reduce CPU temps.

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
I also get around 82 C on the GPU in some games. If I use max fan it usually stays around 79-80 C. You can enable max fan by pressing Fn + 1.

For the CPU 85 C is ok.

Emo

Silver Level Poster
I also get around 82 C on the GPU in some games. If I use max fan it usually stays around 79-80 C. You can enable max fan by pressing Fn + 1.

For the CPU 85 C is ok.
However, I have temperature problems on the CPU, with 50% use the temperature comes over 85 ° C.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
However, I have temperature problems on the CPU, with 50% use the temperature comes over 85 ° C.
It sounds like your windows isn't configured, all the fan profiles won't be working properly until you have windows configured so temps will be high!

Emo

Silver Level Poster
It sounds like your windows isn't configured, all the fan profiles won't be working properly until you have windows configured so temps will be high!
?!

That is?
Fans ramp up as temperatures rise. The problem is that the GPU drops by T while the CPU doesn't.

barlew

Godlike
If I were you I would do a full clean install of windows from a USB pen. Then run windows updates until there are non left. After that install Control Center and any missing drivers highlighted in device manager from PCS.

Then give it a go.

I think @SpyderTracks is right your windows isnt configured correctly.

Emo

Silver Level Poster
If I were you I would do a full clean install of windows from a USB pen. Then run windows updates until there are non left. After that install Control Center and any missing drivers highlighted in device manager from PCS.

Then give it a go.

I think @SpyderTracks is right your windows isnt configured correctly.

Ok, I've done everything already (I'm working on a clean system).
What do you mean by "your windows isnt configured correctly"?

Emo

Silver Level Poster
I installed Windows 10, then the clevo drivers, new Nvidia drivers, updated the Intel ones.
what drivers are you referring to?
thank you

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I installed Windows 10, then the clevo drivers, new Nvidia drivers, updated the Intel ones.
what drivers are you referring to?
thank you
All of them.

Windows 10 is very different to previous OS's.

You allow windows update to install all drivers it can, then only install any remaining direct from www.clevo.com.tw, not from your PCS downloads as they'll be out of date.

Then you just manually install NVidia drivers direct from nvidia, the full driver download, you don't install them through GeForce Experience.

Then lastly, you install the driver manager as that has to have all drivers correctly configured before it's installed or you'll find a lot of things won't work correctly. This would be Clevo Control center, again, you install this direct from Clevo.

And also, did you delete all partitions before installing windows?

Emo

Silver Level Poster
ok.
i installed windows 10 clean in deleting and formatting partitions. Nvidia drivers I got them directly from the Nvidia site. the clevo drivers instead no, I used those of PCS. Win10 always up to date

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i installed windows 10 clean in deleting and formatting partitions.
You don't want to format anything, you just delete all partitions and install to the clean space.

the clevo drivers instead no, I used those of PCS.
Again, you let windows update install all it can first. Then only manually install the remaining ones from clevo.

Reactions: Emo

Emo

Silver Level Poster
You don't want to format anything, you just delete all partitions and install to the clean space.

Again, you let windows update install all it can first. Then only manually install the remaining ones from clevo.
Yes, I have not formatted and I leave it to Win10.

What I was missing were the Clevo drivers directly from the supplier.

The problem is:

Cattura.PNG

I sent an email to Clevo.

Last edited: