High CPU temps

Emo

Silver Level Poster
Cattura.PNG

Here, downloaded and installed

barlew

Godlike
No, I don’t know if it is an effort to clamp down on thievery perhaps in which case I could understand it.
That is an angle I hadn't thought of. I'm not sure your average thief is going to stop to to consider whether or not he is going to be able to get 1st party support from the OEM for the laptop he is nicking though lol.

Emo

Silver Level Poster
However little has changed, the CPU is always too hot. After a few minutes of play it is above 85 ° C even though it is not particularly used

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
However little has changed, the CPU is always too hot. After a few minutes of play it is above 85 ° C even though it is not particularly used
I had a similar issue with the Defiance I currently have in for an RMA - the CPU boosts to 3.5-4.6 GHz even at idle, meaning the moment I started doing anything (even 10-year-old games on minimum graphics settings) the temps would spike and the fans would ramp up to 80-90%. I spent 3+ hours on the phone with PCS, with 3 different techs trying everything they could think of but nothing fixed it. I am hoping they can fix the issue but they've had it for 26 days so far and no word...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had a similar issue with the Defiance I currently have in for an RMA - the CPU boosts to 3.5-4.6 GHz even at idle, meaning the moment I started doing anything (even 10-year-old games on minimum graphics settings) the temps would spike and the fans would ramp up to 80-90%. I spent 3+ hours on the phone with PCS, with 3 different techs trying everything they could think of but nothing fixed it. I am hoping they can fix the issue but they've had it for 26 days so far and no word...
As you were repetitively advised it was likely a simple paste issue as is fairly common on custom laptops and takes about 5 minutes to correct. But you chose to RMA instead.

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
As you were repetitively advised it was likely a simple paste issue as is fairly common on custom laptops and takes about 5 minutes to correct. But you chose to RMA instead.
It was not a paste issue - as confirmed by PCS techs during the 3-hour support call I had with them last month. They repeatedly told me a "bad paste job" would not be the cause of the issues they were seeing. Thermal paste quality has 0 to do with a CPU boosting to 4+ GHz even when the system is completely idle.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It was not a paste issue - as confirmed by PCS techs during the 3-hour support call I had with them last month. They repeatedly told me a "bad paste job" would not be the cause of the issues they were seeing. Thermal paste quality has 0 to do with a CPU boosting to 4+ GHz even when the system is completely idle.
What made you think the system was idle?

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
What made you think the system was idle?
The PCS tech remoted into the laptop and confirmed it was idle - no active processes, nothing open in the background, no updates installing, etc. We even let the system sit for 30 minutes while chatting about random stuff and watching the clock speed stay between 3.5 and 4.6 GHz the whole time (with 0% CPU usage).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The PCS tech remoted into the laptop and confirmed it was idle - no active processes, nothing open in the background, no updates installing, etc. We even let the system sit for 30 minutes while chatting about random stuff and watching the clock speed stay between 3.5 and 4.6 GHz the whole time (with 0% CPU usage).
Ok, apologies, none of this was added to your original thread.