high kit liquid series system

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I ended up with the following:

Case CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 780T FULL TOWER CASE
Custom Liquid Series High Kit - EK
Graphics Card Cooling EK FC Nickel & Backplate - For Two Identical Graphics Cards!
Coolant Colour Mayhems Pastel Blue Berry
LED Lighting 2x 50cm Blue LED Strip
Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-7700k Quad Core (4.20GHz @ up to 5.0GHz)
Motherboard ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - GTX VR Ready!
2nd Graphics Card 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - GTX VR Ready!
1st Hard Disk 2TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
M.2 SSD Drive 1TB SAMSUNG PM961 M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3000MB/R, 1700MB/W)
Power Supply CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Braided Power Supply Cables Coloured Braided PSU Cable Kit - Black/Blue
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language
DVD Recovery Media Windows 10 (64-bit) Home DVD with paper sleeve
Warranty 3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour)

It took 13 working days which is pretty good, I should say that I requested them to start processing it 3 days after my transaction took place as I was undecided on what I wanted. I ended up making like 14 amendments to my original order but everything was promptly processed and when a credit note was due automatically credited to my debit card.
Andrew Kearney from PCS answered all of my queries online or over the phone. He was very helpful before and after the order took place and accommodated any special request I had.
The system comes with an EVGA HB SLI bridge and so far no issues when gaming. The cable management is impressive and exceeded my expectations. The pc is very quiet and everything runs significantly cooler than my previous system.
Very satisfied with my 4th purchase from PCS and highly recommend the liquid series systems.

Special thanks to Spidertracks and Oussebon for help with the finish touches on the spec as well as the advice on monitors

Gazza

Bronze Level Poster
Interested in getting something similar and wondered how much if any maintenance is required for a liquid series kit build.

Nice setup keynes ~ enjoy.
Posting any pics ?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Interested in getting something similar and wondered how much if any maintenance is required for a liquid series kit build.

Nice setup keynes ~ enjoy.
Posting any pics ?
I have been told around maintenance is needed every 2 years for a cost of £140
2lid8g0.png

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Or you can flush the loop yourself if you're comfortable doing that. There are guides online e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIv2yGlbYy8
And looking at it, it seems reasonably straightforward.

And with milk and orange juice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6uSk8hfxE (not recommended).

That said if you're more comfortable having someone else set up the loop for you and you have the budget for one of these systems, I guess you may end up going for the paid service option, even at the cost of going some days without the PC every couple of years.

Gazza

Bronze Level Poster
The maintenance is the one thing that stops me buying one of these systems.
I have a 4 year old standard fan cooled system and all I do is clean out any dust once a year.

No way I'm going to try and do the maintenance so I guess I'll stick to a standard system until the fixed loop liquid system become maintenance free.
Thanks for the advice.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The maintenance is the one thing that stops me buying one of these systems.
I have a 4 year old standard fan cooled system and all I do is clean out any dust once a year.

No way I'm going to try and do the maintenance so I guess I'll stick to a standard system until the fixed loop liquid system become maintenance free.
Thanks for the advice.

If you don't mind sending it back it would be fine. I wouldn't trust myself doing it but that's an option. The system is completly silent and runs cool and I would find it hard to go back to an air cooled system.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
until the fixed loop liquid system become maintenance free
I'm not sure that's likely to happen any time soon, or possibly ever, given the nature of them.

There are closed loop water coolers (AIO / water coolers) which you've doubtless seen e.g. http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hydro-series-h100i-v2-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler which provide some of the benefits and are sealed units so are maintenance free (other than dusting the fans and rad/heatsink, just as you would an air cooler, ofc).

You can get GPUs that come with a ready-attached closed-loop water cooler (sealed unit, no maintenance). These have a huge price premium, but are a lot cooler and can be a good deal quieter than just a regular air-cooled GPU.

So you could get a system with a Noctua air cooler / AIO water cooler and without a GPU, and just install your own AIO water cooled GPU of choice. Probably still a lot cheaper than a liquid system.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Are we suppose to be getting a CD with all motherboard drivers? Just got the windows 10 CD in my welcome pack.

steaky360

Are we suppose to be getting a CD with all motherboard drivers? Just got the windows 10 CD in my welcome pack.

I wouldn't recommend getting drivers/etc. off CD's - they end up going out of date pretty quickly. I'd just check the manufacturers website for updates.

But I can't say whether you still get them or not, I got discs with my last 2 PCs but they are both a couple of years old now.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I wouldn't recommend getting drivers/etc. off CD's - they end up going out of date pretty quickly. I'd just check the manufacturers website for updates.

But I can't say whether you still get them or not, I got discs with my last 2 PCs but they are both a couple of years old now.

When doing a clean installation of windows 10, would the ethernet/lan drivers be installed automatically? I used to do a clean installation with windows 7 and use the CD to install the main drivers and then once the internet is on go to the manufacturers website.

Rakk

The Awesome
When doing a clean installation of windows 10, would the ethernet/lan drivers be installed automatically? .

No they aren't as I found out when I got my system mid last year and did a clean install, I used the motherboard CD that came in my welcome pack (as I did get all the relevant CDs).

keynes

Multiverse Poster
No they aren't as I found out when I got my system mid last year and did a clean install, I used the motherboard CD that came in my welcome pack (as I did get all the relevant CDs).
I haven't got one and it is a hassle to be downloading them on a USB or external hard drive. I assume the motherboard should have come with one?

Rakk

The Awesome
I haven't got one and it is a hassle to be downloading them on a USB or external hard drive. I assume the motherboard should have come with one?

It's possible that the motherboard didn't come with a CD (though I wouldn't have thought that), or maybe now PCS are putting all the drivers online instead of supplying the CD's as many machines (both desktops and laptops) no longer have DVD drives*, but this is pure speculation as I just don't know.

* I remember seeing a number posts from people whinging that they had been sent the CD when their machines didn't have a CD/DVD drive

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I didn't get it in my most recent PC. They are on the login section of the PCS website.

No drivers in my account only the operating system. I got a message from PCS that my CD should be in my welcome pack which is not.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
That's unfortunate. There was another user who recently said they didn't get their spare Sata Cables.

You can presumably get the drivers off the Asus website at least.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
That's unfortunate. There was another user who recently said they didn't get their spare Sata Cables.

You can presumably get the drivers off the Asus website at least.

for convenience I would prefer to have a CD when doing a clean installation. I am having issues with drivers from the asus website (windows 10 crashing when using them). There should probably be a list of items included to check things that should be in the welcome pack. I am curious at to what else could be missing now.