Hitman 3

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
hitman 3 now available on steam :love:

Which version should I now be buying? I already own Hitman (2016) & Hitman 2 Gold Edition. The different versions is confusing me!

D

Deleted member 41971

Which version should I now be buying? I already own Hitman (2016) & Hitman 2 Gold Edition. The different versions is confusing me!

yeah its a pain how IO have structured this tbh,

this link may help, it sounds like if you have hitman 1 and 2 in steam, all you need is the standard or delux, and you may need to link an IO account if needed, according to steam reviews, the servers are down and people are leaving bad reviews, so, fun and games.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
yeah its a pain how IO have structured this tbh,

this link may help, it sounds like if you have hitman 1 and 2 in steam, all you need is the standard or delux, and you may need to link an IO account if needed, according to steam reviews, the servers are down and people are leaving bad reviews, so, fun and games.

Yeah, most of the review bombing is about the price, which I can kind of see - year old game and all that. With the IO servers being down, I'll probably just look to download tonight and give it a go tomorrow. I suspect the servers are being hammered with it being release day.

D

Deleted member 41971

Yeah, most of the review bombing is about the price, which I can kind of see - year old game and all that. With the IO servers being down, I'll probably just look to download tonight and give it a go tomorrow. I suspect the servers are being hammered with it being release day.

the way to link everything up may push some people away from the game, I'm sure there is a better way to do things but IO seem to go for the most difficult route.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Finally finished the download. Changed the default resolution from 1080 to 4K and ran the benchmark with every other setting the same (mix of various settings between Medium and Ultra, but mostly highs). Result was a low of just under 3 FPS and a maximum of 283 FPS with an average of 90. Looked pretty good for the most part, so good to go I guess. Assuming the servers are up!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Finally finished the download. Changed the default resolution from 1080 to 4K and ran the benchmark with every other setting the same (mix of various settings between Medium and Ultra, but mostly highs). Result was a low of just under 3 FPS and a maximum of 283 FPS with an average of 90. Looked pretty good for the most part, so good to go I guess. Assuming the servers are up!
That's quite the spread :unsure:

CMP01

Enthusiast

That is quite a spread but the average is very nice at 4K. Any DLSS or other tricksy biz involved?
Just asking to get a good gauge on how it compares to both Hitman 2 and other things. I'm guessing my specs will look at a bit more on average at similar settings given I'm 1 or .5 (depending on pov) resolution steps down.
Then again, it could be one of those fortunately few odd outliers that significantly favour one GPU arch or the other. But I've been googling and tweaking diminishing returns settings, as well as capping under the average, in bigger titles as a habit since Totalled Optimisation: Warhammer 2 released (sorry, love both IP's involved but CA can do better)

Still gonna wait on this one a few months anyway, not so much re the price but patches and drivers etc.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
That is quite a spread but the average is very nice at 4K. Any DLSS or other tricksy biz involved?
Just asking to get a good gauge on how it compares to both Hitman 2 and other things. I'm guessing my specs will look at a bit more on average at similar settings given I'm 1 or .5 (depending on pov) resolution steps down.
Then again, it could be one of those fortunately few odd outliers that significantly favour one GPU arch or the other. But I've been googling and tweaking diminishing returns settings, as well as capping under the average, in bigger titles as a habit since Totalled Optimisation: Warhammer 2 released (sorry, love both IP's involved but CA can do better)

Still gonna wait on this one a few months anyway, not so much re the price but patches and drivers etc.
I didn't really delve into the settings all that much, DLSS was off entirely for that.
I honestly didn't even notice the low point as it was near the start of the benchmark - I think there was an explosion just as the benchmark transitioned from one scene to another, as a few other explosions happened and the FPS was in the 70s and 80s for those ones.
Your specs and mine are somewhat similar, you've got more RAM than me, but then I have a 3080 so as you say H3 could be a game that favours Nvidia over AMD - time will tell on that I guess. I'm not one to spend much time (if any) tweaking stats. I typically go with the default, give it a play and see how it feels.

The Hitman Carry Over site appears to be down, so I don't really want to get started on a game as carrying over my stats, etc from H2 would overwrite my H3 progress if I started the game now and then did the carry over process later. Frustrating!

Can anybody else access this site? https://profile.hitman.com/

Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
hows hitman going @ActuallyDenz

was it easy to transfer progress or the normal IO faff
Once I had disabled my VPN and could get onto the site, it was simple enough that even I was able to figure out the transfer. I was amused on loading up the game to have the Steam achievements for completing all the Hitman 1 & 2 missions pop as completed. The game did a bit of a summary after completing the tutorial ICA mission and took me straight to Hitman 3.

It's a really pretty game. Dubai is just stunning. I'm currently in the Berlin level which takes place in a nightclub and I'm enjoying it, but the club is a bit of a maze and there are multiple targets who are hunting for me as I'm looking for them - so much fun!

D

Deleted member 41971

Once I had disabled my VPN and could get onto the site, it was simple enough that even I was able to figure out the transfer. I was amused on loading up the game to have the Steam achievements for completing all the Hitman 1 & 2 missions pop as completed. The game did a bit of a summary after completing the tutorial ICA mission and took me straight to Hitman 3.

It's a really pretty game. Dubai is just stunning. I'm currently in the Berlin level which takes place in a nightclub and I'm enjoying it, but the club is a bit of a maze and there are multiple targets who are hunting for me as I'm looking for them - so much fun!

dubai is a great level, I played that on the free hitman starter pack as IO gave that first mission free to play for a few days a while ago

it always amuses me watching gamers expertly complete the level on master difficulty

Last edited by a moderator:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
dubai is a great level, I played that on the free hitman starter pack as IO gave that first mission free to play for a few days a while ago

it always amuses me watching gamers expertly complete the level on master difficulty

I'm doing a story run through first, so didn't even realise most of that was possible, never mind how to actually do it. Once I go back to Dubai to try and get a few more challenges done, may have to come back to this video for inspiration!

D

Deleted member 41971

I'm doing a story run through first, so didn't even realise most of that was possible, never mind how to actually do it. Once I go back to Dubai to try and get a few more challenges done, may have to come back to this video for inspiration!

do you have a favourite hitman level from say 1 and 2 as 3 has only just came out?