Hitman 3

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
talking of which

@SpyderTracks ulterwide watching this

Storm Out GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
denz will be spending the next 6 months bouncing light reflections off 47's head

All we need now is a hitman level is vegas with ray tracing and we are sorted :love:
I spent many hours doing that in the non-RT Chongqing. Being able to do it everywhere will be glorious!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Finally gave the RT/DLSS version of Hitman 3 a go. On a mix of medium to high settings, full RT on and DLSS on Quality, I got a fairly steady 45 FPS. I'm not one to endlessly mess around with settings, but that's a playable experience and I'm sure with some tweaking, a high level of RT is probably achievable on my set up keeping things around 60 FPS.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Finally gave the RT/DLSS version of Hitman 3 a go. On a mix of medium to high settings, full RT on and DLSS on Quality, I got a fairly steady 45 FPS. I'm not one to endlessly mess around with settings, but that's a playable experience and I'm sure with some tweaking, a high level of RT is probably achievable on my set up keeping things around 60 FPS.
Was that at 4k I take it? That's pretty impressive, like you say, there are some minor tweaks that could be made to probably net you around 55fps I would have thought.

D

Deleted member 41971

how is it looking graphic wise? is it worth it or not quite there yet, should be improved with FPS with the way the new graphics cards are shaping up.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Was that at 4k I take it? That's pretty impressive, like you say, there are some minor tweaks that could be made to probably net you around 55fps I would have thought.
Yep 4k. It was around 60 when I tried 1440 with the same settings. Certainly impressive performance!

how is it looking graphic wise? is it worth it or not quite there yet, should be improved with FPS with the way the new graphics cards are shaping up.
I think it's looking stunning. The base game before RT looked amazing, and some of those levels are looking extra good with all the RT goodness!

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
This looks like a game I'd like.
I'm a 'variety is the spice of life' type. I also like series of games, you see how the game, and the character, have developed.
So I've got the Tomb Raider 2013 series.
The Witcher 1, 2 and 3.
Skyrim V; Elder Scrolls and Days Gone.
All Open World, with a story line, puzzles and fighting. All TPS, except Elder Scrolls which is 1st person.
All also cinematic rather than cartoon. I've realized I'm not keen on cartoon style, I just can't get into it at all, so I no longer buy them.
Come to think of it, there isn't THAT much variety is there 🤔 ? Although they are all very different games.
A small collection, but then I'm normally away from home 5 days a week, sometimes 6. When I get home, there's quite a bit that needs to be done, so games are a low priority. Also, my computer isn't capable of playing high graphics games, which drops games down the priorities list too. It's only since I've been off work sick that I've had the time to really get stuck into a game, playing it on a daily basis.

I've struggled with Elder Scrolls and Witcher 3, because I've played 1 of them for say 3 hours 1 weekend, then not had the chance for 3 or 4 weeks. By that time I've forgotten important points about where I am in the game, there's no continuity.
I had a look at where I was in Elder Scrolls last week. I'm in a tunnel, off a chamber, with a locked door in front of me. The door has three rings which I can rotate, each ring has the same 3 symbols, the rings have to be put in the right order, then I can open the door with the key I have. There will be a clue somewhere, which will have told me which order the symbols have to be in. Can I remember which order? Er, nope. Can I even remember where the clue is? Again nope. It took me 10 minutes just to figure out how to move the rings 😲 :cry:
I'll have left the game there, because this was the end of a bit of story, and the start of the next. "It'll be simple enough", IF I could remember the combination :rolleyes: Although, to be fair to me, it'll be well over a year since I left the game there.

D

Deleted member 41971

Yep 4k. It was around 60 when I tried 1440 with the same settings. Certainly impressive performance!

I think it's looking stunning. The base game before RT looked amazing, and some of those levels are looking extra good with all the RT goodness!

so have you enjoyed the weather or just tried to upscale outside by enabling ray tracing? :LOL:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This looks like a game I'd like.
I'm a 'variety is the spice of life' type. I also like series of games, you see how the game, and the character, have developed.
So I've got the Tomb Raider 2013 series.
The Witcher 1, 2 and 3.
Skyrim V; Elder Scrolls and Days Gone.
All Open World, with a story line, puzzles and fighting. All TPS, except Elder Scrolls which is 1st person.
All also cinematic rather than cartoon. I've realized I'm not keen on cartoon style, I just can't get into it at all, so I no longer buy them.
Come to think of it, there isn't THAT much variety is there 🤔 ? Although they are all very different games.
A small collection, but then I'm normally away from home 5 days a week, sometimes 6. When I get home, there's quite a bit that needs to be done, so games are a low priority. Also, my computer isn't capable of playing high graphics games, which drops games down the priorities list too. It's only since I've been off work sick that I've had the time to really get stuck into a game, playing it on a daily basis.

I've struggled with Elder Scrolls and Witcher 3, because I've played 1 of them for say 3 hours 1 weekend, then not had the chance for 3 or 4 weeks. By that time I've forgotten important points about where I am in the game, there's no continuity.
I had a look at where I was in Elder Scrolls last week. I'm in a tunnel, off a chamber, with a locked door in front of me. The door has three rings which I can rotate, each ring has the same 3 symbols, the rings have to be put in the right order, then I can open the door with the key I have. There will be a clue somewhere, which will have told me which order the symbols have to be in. Can I remember which order? Er, nope. Can I even remember where the clue is? Again nope. It took me 10 minutes just to figure out how to move the rings 😲 :cry:
I'll have left the game there, because this was the end of a bit of story, and the start of the next. "It'll be simple enough", IF I could remember the combination :rolleyes: Although, to be fair to me, it'll be well over a year since I left the game there.
This one is much more like the Tomb Raider reboot series, think you'd enjoy it.

I agree with you, I think many CD Project Red games are going to end up having their own reference much like the Bloodborne games, not because of complexity so much, but just because they are sooooo damn huge!

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
I opened my Inbox this morning, to be greeted with an email from Steam.

Hitman 3 is on sale! £20 :giggle: (y)
But my computer won't play it :( Well it might, but at very low graphics settings which would kind of spoil it.
So will I buy it now, while it's on sale, and just leave it in my Steam Library? Or just wait until after I get my new, higher spec, computer and hope it comes up in the sales again? But the whole series is only £30 odd 😬 Decisions, decisions.

Blow it. Buy now and leave it till the new box of bits, and monitor, is in my hands 😇

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
But my computer won't play it :( Well it might, but at very low graphics settings which would kind of spoil it.
So will I buy it now, while it's on sale, and just leave it in my Steam Library? Or just wait until after I get my new, higher spec, computer and hope it comes up in the sales again? But the whole series is only £30 odd 😬 Decisions, decisions.

Blow it. Buy now and leave it till the new box of bits, and monitor, is in my hands 😇
Halloween Sale and Xmas sale to come later this year so always good deals then too, Hitman is one of those series that goes on sale a lot so wouldn't hurt to wait

It's also a series that really well optimised, always surprises me just how smooth it runs with so many characters on screen

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Halloween Sale and Xmas sale to come later this year so always good deals then too, Hitman is one of those series that goes on sale a lot so wouldn't hurt to wait

It's also a series that really well optimised, always surprises me just how smooth it runs with so many characters on screen
Oh good, thanks :D
That'll do then. I'll leave it till I've got my new computer :giggle:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hitman 3 has officially been renamed Hitman World of Assassination and comes bundled with Hitman 1 and 2 for those of you who were patient enough not to buy it when it came out. Hitman 3 is a lot of fun on its own, but with all the content added from the first two games in this trilogy plus the new game mode, it's phenomenal value!