Hitman 3

D

Deleted member 41971

for those interested, this vid compares hitman 2 with hitman 3 and the graphical changes within them, this vid was done 1 yr ago so won't include any future dlss or ray tracing or newer updates etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've been looking at this again. I've not played much of the new series but I'm thinking about starting it again. I've got Hitman 1 & 2 in my library so thinking I'll take to them after I'm finished with Mafia III.

What's the thoughts on how I go about this? Do you think I should just go for Hitman 3 right now (can't see any offers) so that I can play the Hitman saga with the Hitman 3 engine & effects?

Trying to weigh it up. I will play all 3 for sure but I was thinking I would wait for the 3rd to be on a better deal. Looking at the comparison above there isn't much in the visuals but just thinking about the new tools and options available in the 3rd. Guessing they carry across to the 1st missions too.

As much as it's called a level/mission import, that's really all there is in the game anyway so would there be any difference, completion wise, with regards to playing the missions in their own environment or the H3 environment?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've been looking at this again. I've not played much of the new series but I'm thinking about starting it again. I've got Hitman 1 & 2 in my library so thinking I'll take to them after I'm finished with Mafia III.

What's the thoughts on how I go about this? Do you think I should just go for Hitman 3 right now (can't see any offers) so that I can play the Hitman saga with the Hitman 3 engine & effects?

Trying to weigh it up. I will play all 3 for sure but I was thinking I would wait for the 3rd to be on a better deal. Looking at the comparison above there isn't much in the visuals but just thinking about the new tools and options available in the 3rd. Guessing they carry across to the 1st missions too.

As much as it's called a level/mission import, that's really all there is in the game anyway so would there be any difference, completion wise, with regards to playing the missions in their own environment or the H3 environment?
I would suggest playing Hitman 2 first if you're not able to get Hitman 3 at a price you're willing to pay. You can play through the stories of both Hitman 1 & 2 and the carryover process only works from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3, so there's no real point to playing Hitman 1 at this stage.

D

Deleted member 41971

my guess is it won't be too long before there are offers available for the steam version of hitman 3, either on steam or somewhere like humble, may be worth a wait for a dip in price and then play all 3 together as there is also hitman 3 yr two with potentially a new map and new modes as well. If you would like to dip in now and don't mind transferring your progress from hitman 2 - 3, as denz said, hitman 2 with hitman 1 and 2 levels is worth a play now, and then when hitman 3 is bought, transfer progress to hitman 3, whatever suits you. As it stands apart from a slight improvement in lighting and reflection effects, hitman 1 and 2 levels are pretty much the same in hitman 3, IO have promised ray tracing in hitman 3 for PC in 2022, if that will happen we shall see.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hitman 3 story done. Nice little open-ended ending to finish with. Whether that leads into the Year 2 content that is coming, Hitman 4 or an acknowledgement that Hitman is being put to one side for now so IO can concentrate on the James Bond game that was announced last year, it's all good.

I tend to suffer from gaming burnout, so I'll probably put the game to one side now and come back to it in a couple of weeks to start working on the challenges, Year 2 content, etc!

D

Deleted member 41971

Hitman 3 story done. Nice little open-ended ending to finish with. Whether that leads into the Year 2 content that is coming, Hitman 4 or an acknowledgement that Hitman is being put to one side for now so IO can concentrate on the James Bond game that was announced last year, it's all good.

I tend to suffer from gaming burnout, so I'll probably put the game to one side now and come back to it in a couple of weeks to start working on the challenges, Year 2 content, etc!

denz don't mess about, bought thurs finished sun :LOL:

what do you think of the game overall, did it live up to your expectations?

barlew

Godlike

A James Bond game you say. I am intrigued...

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
denz don't mess about, bought thurs finished sun :LOL:

what do you think of the game overall, did it live up to your expectations?
Hitman 3 is currently 6 missions long, so isn't a long playthrough. Took me about 10 hours to get through those missions. There's the 7 Deadly Sins content announced as part of their "Year 2" and maybe more beyond that? I enjoyed most of the missions, they were open with plenty of exploration and different routes to your targets. There's even a little murder mystery to get involved in (you're not THAT killer for once!) in one of the missions which added a bit of variety.

The last mission is incredibly linear though which was a bit disappointing, but it's that way partly because the game was trying to ensure you were exactly where you needed to be - doing my best to avoid spoilers!

I definitely enjoyed it and will be going back to the game once the new content is released and to start working my way through the challenges and attempting different types of assassinations.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I highly advise that whenever you do get the game, wander around Chongqing as you can have so much fun with the lighting in the area. Chongqing is the neon light-heavy area that featured in a lot of the trailers/pics/etc for the game.

In one particular spot, I was able to get two different sets of lights to reflect off Agent 47's head (one purple light and one white light) - most fun I've had in ages!

I probably need to get out more!

Chongqing currently looks like this:

Retail-Screenshot-2021.01.21-01.21.06.92.jpg

Considering IO haven't fully implemented RT yet (that's one of their upcoming tasks apparently), it's a bit mad!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 41971

I highly advise that whenever you do get the game, wander around Chongqing as you can have so much fun with the lighting in the area. Chongqing is the neon light-heavy area that featured in a lot of the trailers/pics/etc for the game.

In one particular spot, I was able to get two different sets of lights to reflect off Agent 47's head (one purple light and one white light) - most fun I've had in ages!

imagine what it be like when ray tracing becomes incorporated, 47 head will look like the head lights of a pick up truck, :LOL: be soo cool if there was a future hitman level in say vegas, all the lights and environment.

yes, although I heard ray tracing will never be incorporated out side,

so,

swings and roundabouts,

which you can play on outside. :LOL:

D

Deleted member 41971

Chongqing currently looks like this:

Retail-Screenshot-2021.01.21-01.21.06.92.jpg

Considering IO haven't fully implemented RT yet (that's one of their upcoming tasks apparently), it's a bit mad!

for inspiration, master difficulty chongqing vid

and really cool how they did the master difficulty on the train