Home Media Servers - Software

LFFPicard

Godlike
I guess this is the best section for this, although I was tempted to put it in General Discussion.

Anyway.. Does anyone run Home media server software and if so what one and opinions? I did have Tversity Pro but it has started being hit and miss with being picked up and transcoding. My current setup is this:

Home hub connects via it's only 10/100/1000 port via cat6 to a 8 port 1gb switch in my TV unit.
From there I have cat6 cables connecting to the following:

PC (Running Tversity)
Xbox 360
Samsung Smart Blu-Ray Player

The hub also has a Wii and PS3 connected wireless (When I get a 10m cat6 I will wire up the PS3)
There is also the obvious iPhones etc connected when home.

Now everything worked fine before I wiped my PC and did a re-install. Since then Tversity is hit and miss mainly on the xbox, but even though it is set up to transcode everything regardless it wont play some videos. All codecs are installed fine.

So, I have decided to ditch Tversity and look for another option. I have come across the below and wondering if anyone else has used these an has any input?

Plex.tv
Playon.tv
XMBC.org

What I am looking for, transcoding and a good library organiser
Easy setup, low resource hog
A bonus is having the ability to stream to my iPhone or online for when I am out and about (Tversity done this, was a hack job but it done it)

Any help would be great!