Home/Office build line check - No gaming or anything very intense

Nymor

Definitely a build rather than transit issue - fixed now but leaves a bit of a sour taste as it was the very first thing and was glaringly obvious. Stratch didn't make it through the potective film so it did it's job well.

Anyway not dwelling on that.

Pretty box and quite as a mouse and a major step up in performance from my 15+yo pentium 4.

I am chuckling when comparing my budget non-gaming machine to some of the mega-rigs around ... my only expansion card is a tiny little wifi card

OKXL4zy.png

:whistle::giggle:

Nymor

Updating this thread rather than create a new one in the "show off your pc" forum as my pc is as basic as you can get but thought some may like to see it in situ though.

My monster desk is my first diy project and although the wood was CNCed I still had to do a fair bit of work to realise my designs. Overall it's 2m wide and 1m deep. It's tad bare at the moment and I did tidy up before taking the pics but next on the list is a stack of rgb led lighting to warm it all up a bit. It looks colder than it is though.

(Also sorry for the image quality - my phone is fairly rubbish and I did scale down to hide the poor jpgs it gave me.)

51RNyjM.png

Get that chair out of the way ...

gerBnw1.png

It's the build in this thread - 5600G with 2 24" monitors on arms, wireless kb & mouse, sounds from a small Lepy amp and shelf speakers and a 3D printer :D

The left hand side is triple function - 1. "hobby" desk, for want of a better word, with 2 x power (for solding iron etc) and 4 X usb charge points at the back-right.

j25H2pJ.png

2. Writing/drawing slope

Bytre3K.png

and 3. Standing desk

rZrx3ce.png

Tj0UwsK.png

Pretty pleased with how it all worked out and while there's a lot going on the cable management has everything under control .... although the implementation is not obvious...

DhEXqB1.png

It's not under there .... but in here

men2lHy.png

a mesh tray suspended below the central wood section - which means I don't have to mess about on the floor.

pGRdVXC.png

Hope you like it :geek:

The Metal Store - Steel tube and clamps for frame
Cutting Edge CNC - CNCed Baltic Birch Ply for surfaces
Littlefairs - Wood dye and varnish
Orbital Fasteners - Nuts and bolts
Creality UK - 3D Printer (Ender 3 v2)