Homeplugs - one directional issues?

PadForce

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all,

Im having a weird effect with my homeplugs which I am hoping someone else has experienced or knows how to sort.

My download speed out of the router is 80/90 MBp/s, when put through my homeplugs it is about 50/60 MBp/s once it has reached my computer - this is perfectly fine and I expect some drop off.
My upload speed however is 6/7 MBp/s when direct from the router, but through my homeplugs it falls to 0.7 MBp/s, and is very sporadic.

Whilst I dont feel the fall off on the D/l speed the fall off on upload is much more significant (90% ish) and one that does start to impact how webpages load (if at all).

Does anyone have any suggestions on why my upload speed would be so much more negatively affected than my download speed? I would have thought they would be equally affected.. Is this possibly due to the variety of homeplugs I have or just down to poor house wiring (although then why isnt the d/l and u/l speed affected equally?).

Cheers,

Patrick

steaky360

First thing I'd suggest is to reset your homeplugs. I've got some TP link ones and don't experience anything like the drop off you're experiencing.

Failing that, you could try to swap them round (not that it should make a difference...)

Do you only have the pair of homeplugs?

PadForce

Bronze Level Poster
First thing I'd suggest is to reset your homeplugs. I've got some TP link ones and don't experience anything like the drop off you're experiencing.

Failing that, you could try to swap them round (not that it should make a difference...)

Do you only have the pair of homeplugs?

Yes only the single pair of homeplugs. Ill try to restart the network and swap them around. Thanks