Hopefully ok for 4K and VR with scope for upgrading

jastay

This is my first PC since building an old Athlon T Bird about 20 years ago.
I really wanted to configure an all round machine (without breaking the bank too much) with the scope to handle 4K and VR as well as being a good work station.
The bulk of the storage will be on a NAS drive but I’m thinking I may go with a larger capacity m.2 drive instead of the 250gb that I’ve originally configured, not sure on this one though.
I was a little unsure about RGB fans initially so just opted for a standard setup (non rgb)but I’m starting to quite like the look of a Thermaltake Riing setup for a bit of future tweaking. Any thoughts on these

All feedback welcome, especially feedback that helps me validate this purchase to my missus!

Case
FRACTAL DEFINE S NANO GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)

down_right_arrow.gif
Get 3 Months of XBOX Game Pass for PC w/ select AMD Ryzen CPUs
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s)
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st M.2 SSD Drive
250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 2300MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
GIGABIT LAN PORT + Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi excluded on H310I-PLUS)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
4k as in PC gaming at 4k?

What's the budget for this system?

What did the spec come to?

Do you already have a 4k TV or monitor that you will be gaming on? If so, what model? If not, what is your budget for one?

What VR kit will you be using? When will you be acquiring it?

What games do you hope to be able to play at 4k on the 2060 Super?

I was a little unsure about RGB fans initially so just opted for a standard setup (non rgb)but I’m starting to quite like the look of a Thermaltake Riing setup for a bit of future tweaking. Any thoughts on these
Yes - in view of your apparently quite limited budget relative to the ambitions you have for the system, don't buy them - economise on those and other things to help bolster the core system. Can make suggestions depending on answers to the above :)

jastay

Sorry I seemed to of got confused, I meant 1440 and 1080 gaming and not 4K

I originally budgeted about £1000 for this system and it came in just over at about £1150

I don’t have a monitor yet but was looking at a budget of about £300-£400 maybe a Dell S2417DG 1440p 165hz but im just going to use an hd tv for now

I was originall looking at the Rift S for vr but I’m not going to delve into this until later on in the new year so can look at developments with the rift and other systems

I will be using this system for home golf simulator as well (SkyTrak) which will be on a 1080p projector

as for games; Forza, wow, gta v, fifa

Thanks for the advice regarding the fans 👍🏻