Horror games for the timid amongst us

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
With it being so close to Halloween, there are bound to be many of us wanting to play something that will get the heart racing, but who don't want to dive headlong into Alien: Isolation or anything pant-destroyingly horrific like that. The fine people of TripleJump have you covered in that respect:

I've played a few of these and they're good fun, although they're not all PC games, so you'd have to have access to a console if you wanted to tackle them all.

KippleKat

Enthusiast
With it being so close to Halloween, there are bound to be many of us wanting to play something that will get the heart racing, but who don't want to dive headlong into Alien: Isolation or anything pant-destroyingly horrific like that. The fine people of TripleJump have you covered in that respect:

I've played a few of these and they're good fun, although they're not all PC games, so you'd have to have access to a console if you wanted to tackle them all.
I won't recommend Visage then....

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I won't recommend Visage then....

I'm amused that the Steam page pretty much starts with an epilepsy warning. I'll maybe add it to my wishlist as I don't mind psychological horror too much. I've already bought enough games this month though, including my first full-price purchase in ages!

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Oooooo, that looks awesome!

It's on the wishlist.

Kinda reminds me of the shock factor and eeryness of the original F.E.A.R game
It's very scary in places, it's slow but unveils things gradually building up the tension. I recommend it for any psychological horror fans :)

I'm amused that the Steam page pretty much starts with an epilepsy warning. I'll maybe add it to my wishlist as I don't mind psychological horror too much. I've already bought enough games this month though, including my first full-price purchase in ages!
Haha, yeah I can understand why having played it. It's definitely enjoyable so far. It's one of the free games on Game Pass at the moment which is why I tried it out.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Currently having a go at Layers of Fear. Not sure it's a sensible pre-bedtime game to play with the lights off. I'll found out hope I sleep tomorrow morning I guess.

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Currently having a go at Layers of Fear. Not sure it's a sensible pre-bedtime game to play with the lights off. I'll found out hope I sleep tomorrow morning I guess.

Any good? It's very cheap so I might give it a try

D

Deleted member 41971

on offer 1.94 until 21st july 2022