How do I install iCEnhancer 2.0 on GTA IV?

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
I don't understand. Replace which files? I just pasted the extracted files into the GTA IV folder like Drunken Monkey said.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Did you read through the whole tutorial? i tried doing it before and didnt work, it just gave me a blank screen when i started a game

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
after your install get the 1.0.4.0 patch for the best experience....

make sure you have the xlive.dll and xlive_d.dll files into your main GTa directory... otherwise the modded files wont load,

then copy the files in the icenhancer download into your GTa 4 folder and overwrite existing files....

also try out texture mods like "better city" to spice it up a bit :p

iceconfig tweak guide

Last edited:

truegrace

Enthusiast
Still no joy, fresh install, patched to 1.0.4.0, copied in xlive.dll and xlive_d.dll files, copied the whole icenhancer download to the gta directory overwriting the files where required but cant get anything to load up.
If i try through gtaloader.exe my pc thinks about it for 2 secs then does nothing, same if I try and load up through rockstar social club.

Gonna do another fresh install and just play the game through normally for now i think, already lost about 4 hours of precious gaming time trying to get it to work :p

thanks for the help though, might try again tomorrow afternoon when im supposed to be watching me son :p

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
I thought I'd finally cracked this the other day, but a couple of minutes in the camera started swaying all over the place, so I relaunched the game and then most of the world turned invisible. :(