How do I update my profile signature?

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
As per the title. A few months ago, I updated my GPU to an ASUS AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT.
As I have my computer spec' in my sig', I tried to update it to reflect the upgrade. I've tried several times since. Every time I try, on clicking 'save', I get this message > Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

I had my old, retired, computer in my sig' previously, which I updated with no problems that I remember.
The process I've been using is, > click on my username (top right) > click on Signature in left side panel > deleted then entered new details > save.
As far as I remember, that's the process I used to update it the last time.
I haven't checked what my browser console may have, I use Firefox btw.
I've also just tried again, using Edge, but got the same result.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As per the title. A few months ago, I updated my GPU to an ASUS AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT.
As I have my computer spec' in my sig', I tried to update it to reflect the upgrade. I've tried several times since. Every time I try, on clicking 'save', I get this message > Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

I had my old, retired, computer in my sig' previously, which I updated with no problems that I remember.
The process I've been using is, > click on my username (top right) > click on Signature in left side panel > deleted then entered new details > save.
As far as I remember, that's the process I used to update it the last time.
I haven't checked what my browser console may have, I use Firefox btw.
I've also just tried again, using Edge, but got the same result.
It's often formatting related, there's a bug where certain formatting will break the post.

I have a suspicion it will be the smilie, try removing that and resaving.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
It's often formatting related, there's a bug where certain formatting will break the post.

I have a suspicion it will be the smilie, try removing that and resaving.
Ah, OK I'll try that.

Ahaa! It worked 😊
It was the actual emoticon it didn't like. Just using the old keyboard smilie input put it back :LOL:

Last edited: