How Do You Paste?

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
:ROFLMAO: Get down the clinic then mate. The sooner the better I would say...
I rang my GP. I explained briefly that I had given up my Blob and am hooking up with the X from now on. Then I asked if they had any experience themselves with pasting - then the line went dead.

An email has come in now suggesting I find an alternative practice. I guess they mean that using the X pattern isn't optimal after all?

barlew

Godlike
I rang my GP. I explained briefly that I had given up my Blob and am hooking up with the X from now on. Then I asked if they had any experience themselves with pasting - then the line went dead.

An email has come in now suggesting I find an alternative practice. I guess they mean that using the X pattern isn't optimal after all?
Well @NoddyPirate your GP has clearly come to the correct conclusion that you are some kind of animal beyond saving.

Ash

I put one blob in the middle, though reading this thread I'm now worried I don't put enough on.

Ash

If your temps are fine you put enough on.
My 5900x gets to around 83c when gaming which is similar to my mates' so I think it's fine tbh, just makes you wonder when you see these big Xs people do that use like 3x as much paste as what I do.

D

Deleted member 41971

interesting vid for different methods for pasting a cpu