How does PCS test a non-GPU build?

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
This is going to be a bit of a noob question I feel but something I wanted to confirm.

When I amended my order I was told that the 5900x cpu does not have integrated graphics, so with this in mind, how does PCS test a system with this configuration?
I know my X570 Strix board has HDMI/DP ports but I imagine they rely on graphics from the CPU as per every other board I've ever had.

The obvious answer here is they test it with a stock graphics card but does anyone know what it is?

No real reason, just curiosity I guess.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is going to be a bit of a noob question I feel but something I wanted to confirm.

When I amended my order I was told that the 5900x cpu does not have integrated graphics, so with this in mind, how does PCS test a system with this configuration?
I know my X570 Strix board has HDMI/DP ports but I imagine they rely on graphics from the CPU as per every other board I've ever had.

The obvious answer here is they test it with a stock graphics card but does anyone know what it is?

No real reason, just curiosity I guess.
They just use a test gpu. No idea what, doesn’t make a difference.

Gavras

Master Poster
I (and many others) ordered without a gfx card.

As above, the pc gets tested with a bench test card (could be any card), what the card is simply does not matter.

it’s the test of the overall PC.

it comes with warranty, don’t sweat it or overthink it, just chill and wait for your new toy 🧸

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I (and many others) ordered without a gfx card.

As above, the pc gets tested with a bench test card (could be any card), what the card is simply does not matter.

it’s the test of the overall PC.

it comes with warranty, don’t sweat it or overthink it, just chill and wait for your new toy 🧸
Not stressing just got curious and wondering if I'll need to clear off any old drivers before installing my 3070 ones (I imagine the card would run on win 10 defaults until Windows loads)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Not stressing just got curious and wondering if I'll need to clear off any old drivers before installing my 3070 ones (I imagine the card would run on win 10 defaults until Windows loads)
That's an interesting point. I'm going to pass that question up to PCS via the quantum packet moderator backchannel (it's bean tins and string but don' tell anyone :)). I'll let you know what they say. :)

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've had an official response from PCS Customer Services now, here's the actual text...

After we have installed the GPU, we will let the system install basic drivers automatically, currently we don't have any facility to remove them after we prep the system, we are looking into this. But since I have been with PCS, I haven't had any customers with any problems.

So @Mask3d, you probably are wise to use DDU to clear old drivers before installing the ones for your specific card. I hope that helps? :)

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I've had an official response from PCS Customer Services now, here's the actual text...

So @Mask3d, you probably are wise to use DDU to clear old drivers before installing the ones for your specific card. I hope that helps? :)
Thanks! Not such a stupid question after all then. :)