How far can I OC this while still being safe

Jakeboi97

As the title says, how far could I over click this system while still being relatively safe, specs are attached in pictures, a rough estimate for the bios entries would also be appreciated, thanks guys.

Attachments

• DCD70ADF-3DFE-423F-86EF-2A39FC48374D.png
    DCD70ADF-3DFE-423F-86EF-2A39FC48374D.png
    166 KB · Views: 509
  • 7ABB7196-ABC4-401C-B3A6-C9894631BC61.png
    7ABB7196-ABC4-401C-B3A6-C9894631BC61.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 556

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As the title says, how far could I over click this system while still being relatively safe, specs are attached in pictures, a rough estimate for the bios entries would also be appreciated, thanks guys.

Overclocking isn’t an exact science, every system is different based on how good the chip is (silicon lottery) and cooling and environmental issues. Overclocking needs to be applied in gentle increments until you get a bsod and then you dial back to the last stable clock.

Last edited:

jerpers

Master
My 6600k I managed to get up to 4.2 with not as good a cooler as you have. It is quite possible to get up there but as stated above you need to do it incrementally and then test thoroughly for stability.

There are plenty of guides out there that you can use to help. My main PC with the i7 I managed to find a guide using my exact motherboard and processor which really helped.

Rakk

The Awesome
Ahem, much as it was a highly amusing typo, these forums are supposed to be family friendly, so lets not push it too far please :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
On air I would be aiming for around 4.5Ghz. You could try to push it further but I would be worried about temps.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You may well get further than 4.5Ghz since even PCS's conservative OC is 4.6 for that iirc

But as above, go gradually, don't yoloswag it. Also note you could have just bought a pre-Oced system. May not be worth the bother of learning to OC at this point

edit - also, VS PSU....