How far you could go within 30 minutes of running

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensam

I am 30s old man and rarely exercise but i just started because of i think that, i am already overweight person, (175 cm, 80 kg)

The thing is, within 30 minutes, i only can run 2 km or maybe 1 miles.. how poor it is and i feel like i want to die for that particular distance right after finishing the stopwatch. Some people told me, you need to be in range 4 to 5 km, as an indicator a good healthy person.

My friend told me also to get the fitness watch or fitness tracker so as to be a great companion or motivation to reach the goal, i spend the whole night yesterday to search around the internet for the comparison like here and in the end, I simply cannot decide. My friend's weight is just the same as me, but he can reach 3.2 km in 30 minutes.

I just thought that a fitness tracker would be just like a brand new gym card when it's shiny and never bother it again after a few month. But that's not a reason, it is all about the mindset that i cannot change yet.

So back to the question, how far you could go within 30 minutes of running?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You can google average speeds, though they vary very greatly according to a lot of factors. I know nothing about these things really, but 1 mile in 30 minutes sounds a bit below average if walking speed is maybe about 2.8-3mph

I used to run a mile in a bit under 5m 30s, but was never a sporty type. I wouldn't run a mile in that time today either...

Unless there was a GTX 1080 ti on sale for £400 at the local PC World. I would find a way.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I can't run for 30 minutes but I run 10kph for 15-20 minutes when visiting the Gym. I'm trying to up my time at the moment as my condition is awful :D

ragnar28

I am 30s old man and rarely exercise but i just started because of i think that, i am already overweight person, (175 cm, 80 kg)

The thing is, within 30 minutes, i only can run 2 km or maybe 1 miles.. how poor it is and i feel like i want to die for that particular distance right after finishing the stopwatch. Some people told me, you need to be in range 4 to 5 km, as an indicator a good healthy person.

My friend told me also to get the fitness watch or fitness tracker so as to be a great companion or motivation to reach the goal, i spend the whole night yesterday to search around the internet for the comparison like here and in the end, I simply cannot decide. My friend's weight is just the same as me, but he can reach 3.2 km in 30 minutes.

I just thought that a fitness tracker would be just like a brand new gym card when it's shiny and never bother it again after a few month. But that's not a reason, it is all about the mindset that i cannot change yet.

So back to the question, how far you could go within 30 minutes of running?

Ive been exercising for over ten years, the best thing that i have learnt in that time was simply this, get to know your own body, when you are pushing yourself into uncomfortable limits to facilitate growth and mentally and psychically and stay there as long as you can. Know when you are doing more than is good for you. Its not a simple thing but that works.

It awesome you decided to run but dont look to averages and other people , look at your time and set that as the bar to beat. If you are going to try averages now you may as well over train. If you constantly compete with yourself, you will constantly improve and the limit on that is only determined by yourself.

Best of luck Buddy

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Please don't necro topics

Now I'm confused. Is necro an adjective or a verb? I understand that necro can be an adjective - i.e. a necro topic, but now it seems that it can also be a verb - i.e. don't necro this topic.

:dots:

BTW. I can walk 4km in 40 minutes, is that any good?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I suppose necroed would be an adjective used as I did here:

It's not a necro topic but a necroed topic

but it shouldn't really used like I did there ;)

"You necro(ed) the topic"
"The topic has been necroed" (passive form of present perfect?)
"There has been too much necroing" (present participle)
"I will ban you." (fact)

This is how it should really be used. Especially the ban part.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I suppose necroed would be an adjective used as I did here:

but it shouldn't really used like I did there ;)

"You necro(ed) the topic"
"The topic has been necroed" (passive form of present perfect?)
"There has been too much necroing" (present participle)
"I will ban you." (fact)

This is how it should really be used. Especially the ban part.

Got it. I think.... :D

BTW. Please don't ban me..... :hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.