How fast is your internet according to Speed Test?

iTonehh

2356418121.png

73494455.png

Rakk

The Awesome
Hi All, I am with Virgin Media, on size M Broadband Plan and I think im meant to get upto 10Mb.

So does my results sound about right or not........ And is it going to be good enough for online gaming.....

Well, until recently I was on a 10Mb Virgin connection, and I've been happily playing MMORPG's for ages with no problem caused by the internet speed.

Jaymee-Nausica

Gold Level Poster
I rang Virgin Media yesterday and they are giving me The New Super Hub, for free, as ive been using the same modem they supplied me with 5 years ago, which they told me doesn't even get used/supplied anymore, as i expected, so a Free upgrade is only fair to a very loyal customer, they didn't even mention for me to pay. :)

Although it will be the new Hub im not sure how that will effect Speed. Also, when my New PC arrives I will be using a home Plug connection for upstairs usage, so im not sure if that will also slow down the speed... :whistling:

samwil

Enthusiast
Mine is actually worse than my original (Until it broke of course :)) I had a really old belkin 54g, got nice connection throughout the house, very consistent, then the new "superhub" was installed, a netgear something or other, and it's actually dropped substantially. Ethernet connection is still exactly the same however, so I'm investing in a bunch of homeplugs.

Jaymee-Nausica

Gold Level Poster
Yeah same, Just gona go for a 200mbps Home plug set or something most likely, I probably wont even get that speed quality anyway. Some people buy 500mbps Homeplugs thinking it will make a huge improvement but its not much, and i think it kinda depends on your Broadband plan. #Im kinda new to this stuff anyway, never had home plugs before, I only recently found out about them in all honesty. :whistling:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yeah same, Just gona go for a 200mbps Home plug set or something most likely, I probably wont even get that speed quality anyway. Some people buy 500mbps Homeplugs thinking it will make a huge improvement but its not much, and i think it kinda depends on your Broadband plan. #Im kinda new to this stuff anyway, never had home plugs before, I only recently found out about them in all honesty. :whistling:

I got a massive improvement when i bought my 500mbps set over my 85mbps, you will only get about 3MB/s (not mbps)

Id go with a set of 500s as they will only be a couple of quid more, although with your speeds you may get the same experience with 200s

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Is there an emoticon for green with envy on here? No? I suppose this will have to do then :dots:

This is my best speed on a 3G broadband mifi (with only me on it at the moment, SWMBO is swimming).

View attachment 3226