How fast is your internet according to Speed Test?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
What beats me about Sky Broadband is the way it fluctuates,I know there is nothing wrong on my side,it's all been thoroughly tested,yet download speeds can change drastically every few weeks dropping then rising 2 or 3 MB/s and that's checking it on the Sky router status site.
Just before this happens I notice the router cutting out a lot,pretty sure Sky must be messing with something every few weeks for this to happen,it was a steady 5MB/s for 2 or 3 years with o2 before Sky took them over.

PokerFace

Banned
Yes vanthus. Well Sky still have me for tv, but they've lost my phone and internet. I love the way they let your speed go down and down and then "offer" you fibre (as I mentioned in an earlier post).

Oh well, let's see how BT treat me :) as I'm just starting the 3 days of "settling in" period :eek:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Yes vanthus. Well Sky still have me for tv, but they've lost my phone and internet. I love the way they let your speed go down and down and then "offer" you fibre (as I mentioned in an earlier post).

Oh well, let's see how BT treat me :) as I'm just starting the 3 days of "settling in" period :eek:
Lol,didn't notice you changed to BT,I was thinking of doing the same,what kind of deal did you get?

PokerFace

Banned
Lol,didn't notice you changed to BT,I was thinking of doing the same,what kind of deal did you get?

18m contract
Up To 38Mbps "Totally Unlimited" (currently getting 30 and happy!)
3 months @ £16.00 then £23.00
+ line rental £15.99 (or £159.84 for 12m if paid up front (which I did).
£30.00 activation fee.
£125.00 Sainsbury's voucher (which I must claim online through MyBT)

PokerFace

Banned
With BT Infinity 2. Wired I get around 70mb. Wireless it drops to about 30mb.

I'm getting 30 wired and I can get about 18 wireless, but I'm VERY disappointed with the strength of the wireless signal. I can hardly get a connection one floor down and one room back. Considering how much they big up the BT Home Hub 5, it far from achieves in my opinion. I'm probably gonna have to fork out for wireless home plugs :(

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
They are both very bad drop off speeds for wireless. On Virgin I get 60mb wired and 40-55 wireless depending on the device.

ariadne2

Silver Level Poster
homeplugs are much much better. I think it is just the location of my laptop that is the issue as the signal has to get through a wall.. if I go in the other room with a straight line to the hub it's around 50mb. Moot point now really as I just ran a cat 6 ethernet cable through.

PokerFace

Banned
You'd think that you would be able to get a reasonable wireless signal through a wooden floor and one brick wall though (it's only about 6 metres away after all). I guess they are basing their claims on modern houses with stud walls :)

Joe90_guy

Getting 11.11 Mbps download and 1.15 Mbps upload. I'm on ordinary speed BT broadband which doesn't cost me a fortune so I'm happy...

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
3757421345.png

Do I win yet?