How green or not is your SSD

noellesteward

Interesting article here, most of us probably never thought about it

So I'm going to be building a new pc soon and I'm not really sure which SSD to buy the 500 GB green SSD is only 5 dollars more than a 250 GB blue SSD in my country... So are there any disadvantages to a green SSD? I've heard they don't last long is that true?

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
So I'm going to be building a new pc soon and I'm not really sure which SSD to buy the 500 GB green SSD is only 5 dollars more than a 250 GB blue SSD in my country... So are there any disadvantages to a green SSD? I've heard they don't last long is that true?
I don't think the colour of hard drives has any bearing on anything. It's just a naming convention.
So I don't think green is because it's more eco-friendly than any other colour.

After all, red motorbikes are always faster than blue motorbikes of the same model, whereas black is always cooler than either 😆

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
And more rainbow vomit in your PC means better performance, just ask @AgentCooper
He’s not wrong, people:

83DF5755-48D7-4A11-BE53-5C6B04ECCDAB.png

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Although in Western Digital SSD lines, I'm sure Green (3.2/2.5GBps) is slower than Red/Blue (3.5/3.0GBps) is slower than Black (5.5/5.0Gbs).

I've got a 2TB Blue for storage, and a 512GB Black for boot/apps on my media NUC.

If you don't need the speed, then the Green is fine...although remember that the smallest sizes have lower right speeds than the same model in a larger size (so a 256Gb Blue will be slower than a 1TB Green).

Last edited: