How is the battery life on the gaming laptops?

Clydefrog

Looking at the 15'' gaming laptops like Optimus, and I'm wondering how the battery holds up. It says "Max 4 hours 10 minutes under UMA mode". Is this when idling or when it is used? What is UMA mode? Anyone have any experience and have tested it?

I really need a laptop that can handle moderate gaming, but I need it to last since I'm bringing it to university every day (don't need it to last when I'm gaming, but when I'm doing programming, surfing etc.)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Looking at the 15'' gaming laptops like Optimus, and I'm wondering how the battery holds up. It says "Max 4 hours 10 minutes under UMA mode". Is this when idling or when it is used? What is UMA mode? Anyone have any experience and have tested it?

I really need a laptop that can handle moderate gaming, but I need it to last since I'm bringing it to university every day (don't need it to last when I'm gaming, but when I'm doing programming, surfing etc.)

I think UMA refers to when it's using the iGPU, UMA being when the iGPU uses system RAM to speed processes, stands for unified memory architecture

Gandalf87

UMA is uniform memory access - a shared memory access. Not good really. Aside the regular heating issue I've had with the couple of laptops a friend and I use for gaming, the battery is another issue. We can't really push the system for a 3rd 45-min match because it would start acting weird mid-way. We've even been through penalties and it's very frustrating.