How it's going with my Recoil IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy Baxter

Bronze Level Poster
I just requested an RMA on mine. Repasted this evening and now it takes 15 minutes for the GPU to throttle and stutter in game. Before it was taking ten minutes. That’s an improvement I guess? 😂 I just asked if they could fix it or change my chassis to something that can actually shift the heat produced by the 2070 Super a bit better. If not, am I still entitled to a refund? Although I did get this on finance so not really sure how that would work? Kinda bummed out for sure but hopefully get something sorted 😊

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
What's the ratio of them? How many are "self-inflicted" vs those that are "whatever else" vs those that are from activating the pre-installed Windows? And how many who activate the pre-installed Windows have no problems?
TBH This ongoing bee you have in your bonnet about the test system is utterly pointless. Those of us who have been here a while and dealt with the fallout from people activating the test system are trying to give you the benefit of our experience. If you choose to ignore that then that's up to you, but it's crazy trying to make some sort of crusade out of it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I just requested an RMA on mine. Repasted this evening and now it takes 15 minutes for the GPU to throttle and stutter in game. Before it was taking ten minutes. That’s an improvement I guess? [emoji23] I just asked if they could fix it or change my chassis to something that can actually shift the heat produced by the 2070 Super a bit better. If not, am I still entitled to a refund? Although I did get this on finance so not really sure how that would work? Kinda bummed out for sure but hopefully get something sorted [emoji4]
If you're still unhappy then talk to PCS about a return and refund. That's not something anyone can help with on here I'm afraid.

CraigBarrett215

Bronze Level Poster
Like I said, it's not understanding how a company like PCS install an OS. They don't do it in the way you would.

They have a centralised distribution point with images based on each chassis and configuration.

They then connect however many laptops need building, say 300 to the distibution point, it works out what hardware specs it is and installs the relevant image. The image is embedded with all the relevant drivers and patches. These aren't done independently.

This is called a Gold Build.

This is not what would be installed for testing, it would just be a base windows installation with default drivers as there's no need for full installation for testing.
OK, so no need for a fresh install of Windows then.

CraigBarrett215

Bronze Level Poster
TBH This ongoing bee you have in your bonnet about the test system is utterly pointless. Those of us who have been here a while and dealt with the fallout from people activating the test system are trying to give you the benefit of our experience. If you choose to ignore that then that's up to you, but it's crazy trying to make some sort of crusade out of it.
Right so you don't have numbers, you're just guessing.

And what crusade, exactly? I'm not sure that "requiring a new driver does not also require reinstalling Windows" constitutes a crusade.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Right so you don't have numbers, you're just guessing.

And what crusade, exactly? I'm not sure that "requiring a new driver does not also require reinstalling Windows" constitutes a crusade.
This has now clearly become a rant. I advise you to let this completely pointless topic rest.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
I am closing this topic as it seems to have gone off track and I don't want it to end up in two users fighting.

I can only apologise @CraigBarrett215 that you have had issues with the laptop but as you have returned the system for a refund. I will leave it to the Customer Care team as they will be in touch regarding the refund once the system is inspected.

As for the OS installation, we deploy the operating system of the customers choice (home/pro) this should include all the drivers and manufacturer software for the chassis, necessary for the system to operate without any issues. (If this is not the case then the Customer Care team would be keen to know the specifics so they can liaise with the testing team to rectify the issue). The system is tested overnight and then the testing software is removed and the system is put into the "out of box experience" in line with the Microsoft terms.

The OOBE can be followed and the system should function correctly and no OS reinstall is necessary but it is fine to reinstall if you so wish.
(This is correct for customer's ordering Windows or no OS).

Status
Not open for further replies.